B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Slappy McGear Slapper
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT ** PICS BELOW

Well I must say these boots are very nice, the stitching, if a little sparse, matches the spec-v silver interior perfect and looks very stock, but also very classy. The shift knob is a mom knob that I modified to sit much lower on the shifter shaft and I zip tied the boot right to the underside where normally the finisher would screw onto the bottom of the knob, this way the boot sits flush and look much better IMO.

I had to cut a couple threads off the ebrake boot to get it to fit over the ebrake, this kinda upset me, but once installed it makes the console look SOOO much better that I got over it quick. I didnt anchor the boot to the underside like the directions say because getting the center console off is near impossible with the seats in and I wasnt about to go through all that. Its not going anywhere so its all good.

The armrest was a real PITA. If yu dont have a dremel then dont buy this cause I spent a good 20 minutes dremeling off plastic all the way around to compensate for the thickness of the leather so that the interior plasic piece would pop back in. Also the front part where the latch button is doesnt actually fit flush with the "U" shaped indention, but I actually like the loose lok in the front, if you wanted I'm sure yu could easily use some 3M adhesive and make it work. Although thats speculation.

There ya go, thanks for looking:)

·
Slappy McGear Slapper
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Damn, sorry guys, Imageshack seems to be at a standstill today, usually its a very good image host.

·
Slappy McGear Slapper
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guess no one else though this looked nice:) Well fooy! I still liked it!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Actually, I did, and I ordered my boots and armrest cover right after. Still waiting to get them :(

·
Registered
216 Posts
Looks very clean - nice job. It takes a little bit of time to get everything right, doesn't it?

What pedals are those? I like them.

-ATM

·
Slappy McGear Slapper
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are the autovation pedals in Se-R SpecV. It didnt take too long and I am very picky. Got all the stitching lined up on the first try.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just installed my complete set too. I don't have a digi-cam so no pics, but I also had trouble with the shift boot fitting over the handel. I had to cut a couple of stiches to get it too fit. The arm rest cover is a pain, they didn't put to much effort into getting this thing to fit nice without a lot of work. I didn't have to dremel anything, I just made a couple of slitts in the leather where the notches are in the back. It would have been nice to have some type of glue gun to hold down the sides when putting on the cover to hold everything into place all nice and tight. I didn't do that because I'm thinking about putting some type of padding under the cover. It did add a lot to my interior and accented my carbon fiber kitt nicely, I do think they could have shortened the shift boot a little bit, it is kinda long and bunches up with the stock shift handle. Still not bad for under a bill for it all.

·
Slappy McGear Slapper
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you leave the armrest cover the same way I did on the front? Just wondering cause I havent seen anyone else install it, and somehow in the pictures on their website the armrest fits snug along the u shaped front button area, but I saw no way, short of glue, to get it to actually fit that way.

·
Shiftboots Vendor
178 Posts
Hello everyone,

it has come to my attention only recently about the fitment glitches some of you guys have with our boots and armrest covers on the Sentras. I'd like to address those issues.

1. The "too tall" shift boot problem. This is actually very surprising that nobody ever mentioned that problem to ME (now that I've learned about it I found a lot of references to the problem on this forum) and thus we've been completely unaware of it.

Anyway, we are working to determine by how much should the SpecV/SE-R boot be shorter in comparison to what we offer currently (which is a shape-wise replica of the regular SE shift boot).

We will be providing shorter and longer versions soon.

2. The narrow top opening of the ebrake boot. We actually make it very tight for a reason. Some people don't want to install it with the zip-tie method and prefer to just slide it on and leave it be. We need to make it tight for those who prefer this way of installation. We, however, recommend zip-ties and if you'll be using one, please feel free to cut the first few top stitches if you need in order to get the boot to slide over the handle easier.

3. Gentlemen, the armrest cover is going to need TLC (tender loving care, for those not in the know) to make it look good after the installation. Then again, you're installing a CUSTOM, aftermarket piece - one for which a factory rendition was never planned by the manufacturer. That is by definition a tougher job that just exchanging one part for another (with the latter using the same mounting points).

Specifically, you're sticking a good 1/8" of leather between two plastic pieces that were designed to go very closely together. Please don't expect it to be possible without some manual skills on your part - be it dremeling the plastic a little, be it cutting the leather in some places. We manufacture the armrest to allow both methods to work.

Furthermore, I would like to ask all of you to please EMAIL US (I can be reached personally at [email protected]) should you EVER encounter ANY problems with our products. We cannot help you fix a problem unless we are aware of it. And I do promise you, that we will at least try to help out, if we know our help is needed!

This being said, I'd like to thank the Sentra community for being such avid customers of our B15 products. It's great to do aftermarket stuff for any car, but it's much greater if the stuff is actually wanted by anybody but the maker! :)

Finally, here's another 10% discount code for those of you contemplating an order of some of our Sentra pieces.

2VI8803IBU0

You can see more pictures and information on them at http://www.redlinegoods.com/B15product.shtm and http://www.redlinegoods.com/B15armrest.shtm

Thank you for reading!
Maciek from RedlineGoods.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.