B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Huh? What??
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked under my car the other day because I was noticing a stain where I park at work. I had a small amount of oil on the underside of me engine which I wiped away hoping to see where it was coming from. I checked my oil and it was very low, barely showing on the dipstick. I added a quart and haven't seen it drop any, but I have seen the oil reappear on the bottom of the engine.

A friend of mine checked it out and he said he was pretty sure it looked like the rear seal might be the cause. Anyone had this issue? The car has about 25,000 miles on it and had no other mechanical issues till now.

Help?! :eek:

·
Huh? What??
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, my clutch feels fine.

I don't know what it could be...

·
Banned
343 Posts
i would recommend taking it to the stealership, but i read your sig and wouldn't recommend it with the zex nitrous shot. wipe it away again, jack it up and start it and see if it leaks right away and where its coming from, remember though, make sure its not in gear while on jacks...OUCH now that would suck

·
Huh? What??
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, if not for the nitrous I would have immediately taken it to the dealership. I am sure no matter what the true nature of the leak they would try to blame it on that. I have a few people looking into it, one that actually works at a local dealership, so hopefully I will find out something soon...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts