B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear cup holder got broken in my 2006 Sentra and after looking at the factory service manual it looks like I'm going to have to remove the console from between the front seats to remove and replace the cup holder. Has any one had to replace there cup holder before and if so do you have any tip's to make this a easier job ?

Thanks
Ronald Slate

·
Registered
304 Posts
you only have to go into the back seat pull the cup holder out and on the top of the holder there is a metal clip push down and pull the hole assembly will come out

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ZHSSKZ said:
having taken the center console out, I can say that its not that bad, it does screw in and clip in like many of the other parts in the car. Just remember not to lose any screws! I bet you can find a replacement real cheap at the junk yard too! Good Luck!

gil
Thanks for the help but now I have another question, how were you able to get the center console up past the parking brake handle ? I've undone the five screws that hold it down and gotten it uncliped from every were and gotten the plugs undone that go to the front and rear power supply or cigarette lighters, what ever it is there being called these days and now I can't seem to get the center console up past the parking brake handle, no matter which way I've tried to remove it. Short of putting the parking brake handle into a fully down postion in hopes of removing enought of the tension going to the rear parking brake cables and then losening up the bolts to get some wiggle room or removing the whole parking brake itself from where it bolts down. How were you able to get the center console up past the parking brake handle ?

Thanks Again
Ronald Slate

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ssentra02 said:
you only have to go into the back seat pull the cup holder out and on the top of the holder there is a metal clip push down and pull the hole assembly will come out

THANK YOU THANK YOU, after getting the center console lose and not being able to remove it from between the seats I logged back onto B15 Sentra.Net in hopes someone else might of have replied to my problem and I found your reply. I followed your instructions and have gotten the rear cup holder center section that pushes in and pulls out replaced. The one I had ordered from my local Nissan Dealership has a outter holder also which has four screws holes and screws into the center console, but if I remove it from the outter holder and use the one still in place in the center console everything works fine. Once again Thank You, now all I have to do is reistalled the center console.

THANK YOU AGAIN

Ronald Slate

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please help I removed the rear cup holder simply by yanking but the new one won’t go in and I feel if I try to push it in I will break it so please let me know how I can install the rear cup holders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts