B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any out there that are made for our cars yet? This is the mod I really want, any sway bars that can be retrofitted to our chassis either,thanks for the help.

-iLL

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know of at least one.I purchased one from Stillen for about $270. Installation was pretty simple. There are 4 clamps that attach to the trailing arms. Most anti-sway bars are hard to see underneath the car. Not this one, because it hangs under the axle. It looks neat from behind!

·
Registered
841 Posts
270? You think anyone is up to a group buy...maybe drop the price down to $220? Because I'm down to owninig one of them...for spring.

------------------
"Haters Hate This."
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I would deffinetly be interested in a group buy for the Stillen adjustable rear sway bar......but i highly doubt that Stillen will go for group buys.....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Todd Swensen:
I know of at least one.I purchased one from Stillen for about $270. Installation was pretty simple. There are 4 clamps that attach to the trailing arms. Most anti-sway bars are hard to see underneath the car. Not this one, because it hangs under the axle. It looks neat from behind! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok it looks pretty, but how much of a difference in handling did you notice?

------------------
2000 Sentra SE performance package (radium)
Sunroof/Leather/Tint/Gas cap holder
SMC Short shifter (not yet installed)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you noticed a significant reduction of sway in the rear of the car please tell! This is what I want to get rid of the most, those cops can't take those corners as fast as me!! hehe j/k Anyways I would also be interested in a group buy or just to buy it for myself. What is the part number etc... where can I order from....

-iLL

·
Registered
26 Posts
Stillen's prices ARE way too high! Unfortunately, our choices are very limited at this time. And I think their pricing shows that!! How does the bar work? Initially, not as well as I thought it would, but I made the mod w/ Eibach springs also. To really tell I would need to autocross the car. A rear asb doesn't just reduce body roll, it also let's the back end rotate out easier which is really important in autocrossing. This is something that is a little nervy to try doing on the street. If you don't catch it you spin or hit something! Stillen's bar has a wierd setup. Most bars attach in 4 places, Stillen's only in essentially 2 places (trailing arms). Their bar is HUGE in diameter, though, so I guess this makes up for lack of attachment points.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So would you say it was worth it for you to buy it? I am seriously going to purchase this from Import Parts Plus for 249.00 +shipping. The reason I ask is because I love how my dad's altima takes turns...do you think it would even be better than that?

-iLL

·
Registered
560 Posts
$250 is about twice what I paid for the rear sway for an eclipse. My entire set for that car(Suspension tecniques, front and rear) cost $220. That was two years ago. Stileen is ripping you off. I think.

·
Registered
259 Posts
welcome to $tillen, artem. they are high on everything. (i mean their products cost)

I'm sure nu-tech will have something out for us eventually. in the meantime, a new GOOD set of tires will do wonders for you.

------------------
MY PAGE

·
Registered
124 Posts
Matrix makes bars for the B14 and courtesy as well. Not sure about the B15 though. You might want to give one of those companies a call. The prices are most likely cheaper than $tillen.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SE-R
aim Stea1th727

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
well my friend has a civic and he installed one a little while ago and he took me for a ride in it and the thing i noticed most about it was that the rear end didn't role out nearly as much as it did before and it basically bolted on pretty much the same way as the Stillen one did....well at least it sounds...

But just judging by that I am seriously thinking on getting on for my car yeah maybe it is high priced but like it was said before we don't have a big choice and if I gotta pay a little more for something now then i'll do it,,,cause who knows how long your gonna keep it....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did I enjoy paying $270 for a bent steel bar and 4 aluminum clamps? Heck, no! But, when supply is down, prices are up. Maybe that price was negotiable, but I figured not because to the best of my knowledge no one else made one. Where was my leverage? As far as if it really works or not, I think that you have to put your trust in Stillen that they did proper testing and found the bar to improve handling.

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
There are some products coming down the line, so some of you may want to wait to see the other choices and then make your decision. Of course once the SE-R comes out there will be a lot more choices.

------------------
2000 Sentra SE performance package (radium)
Sunroof/Leather/Tint/Gas cap holder
SMC Short shifter (not yet installed)

·
Registered
560 Posts
illt3ck:
My eclipse had a solid axle rear like the sentra. The sway bar bolts to the axle underneath. It looks good, but there's a catch. The bar weighs about ~35lb. Maybe more. This becomes unsprung weight. I remember that the biggest pain was cornering on rough surfaces. Theres a sensation that the entire rear axle is bouncing (springs/shocks can not control the increased axle weight). The car wants to wipe out. This was just annoying. The bottom line is - if you want sway bars you are going to have to have stiffer springs and struts too.
IMHO, if your car is not a perf pack, it might be better to start by getting the springs.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so are you saying that if my car is w/PP that its all good to go with the rear sway bar? I have a 01' SE w/PP I was figuring that the "Sport Tuned Suspension Stage II" could handle the added weight. What do you think? Thanks for the info!

-iLL

·
Registered
747 Posts
I think our stage II sport tuned suspension which already has sway bars is fine!!
Besides, I'd rather spend that money on the spoilerettes or something. There is too many choices with too high of prices to make a decision any more.

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package, JWT pop cone intake, neon ground effects, clear turn signal bulbs

·
Registered
560 Posts
Dude, if you got PPack on it, you probably will not have problems with the axle hop.
BTW, what tires do you have? Stockers? I am not downing Firerocks, I like them, but they are pretty much maxed out by the Stage II suspension anyway.
Another issue: the car tends to be tail happy most of the time. If you get the rear bar, it would be good (from the safety stand point) to beef up the front bar too. The reason is that the rear bar WILL make the car more tail happy.
Good luck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts