B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my problem about once or twice a month i have to travel home which is a 3 1/2 hour drive on one of the worse parkways in the nation. it's the reason i haven't lowered my car yet and also the reason i'm ridin on 45 series tires instead of 40's because the potholes on this thing are notorious for bending rims including two sets my brothers had. anyways what suspension setup would be best.

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
I'd be curious how the nismo setup can be 'more comftorable' than the stock setup since the spring rates are stiffer.

·
NISMOnkey
1,015 Posts
It's not more comfortable than stock, but out of the box it's the most civilized and compliant package for our cars.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
DevlynSyde said:
I'd be curious how the nismo setup can be 'more comftorable' than the stock setup since the spring rates are stiffer.
Has to do with the dampening. People complained when my car was stock, and now with Nismo they say it is so smooth. I can tell the difference over bumps and cracks too. But performance is still way better.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just to be honest i'm not to impressed with the gxe stock suspension anyways, i've rode in many lowered cars that are more comfortable than mine is stock. anyways how much lower is the ride height with the nismo. I'm mainly doing this for looks because my car needs it badly but I've learned the hard way that with suspension you get what you pay for.

·
NISMOnkey
1,015 Posts
The NISMO setup is just a tad bit lower than stock. I think about 1" on the front, and 1.2 on the rear? Or was it 0.5" in the rear?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
natemathis9 said:
just to be honest i'm not to impressed with the gxe stock suspension anyways, i've rode in many lowered cars that are more comfortable than mine is stock. anyways how much lower is the ride height with the nismo. I'm mainly doing this for looks because my car needs it badly but I've learned the hard way that with suspension you get what you pay for.
About 1" in front and .5" in the back. Not a huge drop but I think it looks much better than stock.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
NISMO suspension does ride a bit rougher than stock, but not by much. Me going with different tires, from the stock 45 ---> 40 series sidewall, made a harsher ride than the Nismo suspension upgrade alone.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i had to do it especially because my rims have a 2 1/2" lip that would probably bend very easily when doing 75 mph and hitting a huge pothole. could anyone post a pic of the their car with the nismo suspension I'd like to see the ride height.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
natemathis9 said:
so is the lee auto price the best price for the nismo suspension
From what I've seen, Lee Auto has had the best pricing on the Nismo Springs and Shocks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts