9101 - 9120 of 9202 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
Indy pictures...

·
geezinondowntheroad
8,005 Posts
In before she gets the plug pullled!!!!!!
Does this remind anybody else of Uma Thurman and the first part of that Kill Bill movie?

Just me? :wink

·
El Greco
2,296 Posts
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited or 2014 Hyundai Genesis Coupe ULtimate?

I know, apples and oranges, but I like both. Always loved the Wrangler style and type and the Genesis is really a lot of car for the price, and it does look awesome... Test drove both today, got quotes, and Saturday I'll probably have one of the two... :wink

Oh, spec is gone as of today... I did feel a little sad.

·
El Greco
2,296 Posts
Wrangler it is. Brought it home this evening and loving it!

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Wrangler it is. Brought it home this evening and loving it!
Everyone has the right to buy a completely impractical vehicle once in their life. You bought a jeep living in the south and I bought a 69 Camaro in snowy Pa. When I got smarter and older I replaced it with a '78 Subaru 4WD, and have owned some type of 4WD vehicle in the last 35 years +. Still have the Subaru Forester and will replace it some day with another one.

My Bro-inlaw has (I think) a Rubicon. He has every possible option on it. It is over $40K. He is made out of money so its no big deal for him. And he lives in Pittsburgh Pa. so its a good choice.

·
El Greco
2,296 Posts
Everyone has the right to buy a completely impractical vehicle once in their life. You bought a jeep living in the south and I bought a 69 Camaro in snowy Pa. When I got smarter and older I replaced it with a '78 Subaru 4WD, and have owned some type of 4WD vehicle in the last 35 years +. Still have the Subaru Forester and will replace it some day with another one.

My Bro-inlaw has (I think) a Rubicon. He has every possible option on it. It is over $40K. He is made out of money so its no big deal for him. And he lives in Pittsburgh Pa. so its a good choice.

How a Wrangler will be impractical over a 2 door coupe? When is a sports coupe practical? I'll tell you when: never, LOL.

I really fail to see how a wrangler is not practical. More Expensive option, yes. I can go whenever, which contrary to what you think, I don't have to live in the north. We have plenty of 4x4 trails in the south, and I and the wife love nature, and as you know, I LOVE photography. New Orleans streets are awfull. I can load that thing and have plenty of room for whatever I want.

Let me tell you what was impractical. The specV. No room for ****, no room for 4, no comparison to my TUNDRA on road trips. Wherever we went to, the TUNDRA was the vehicle of choice, and the spec had 55K after almost 12 years.

So the practical vehicle for me was and is the TUNDRA, which I am keeping. Love it, and love the Wrangler. You can believe and think what you want. The ONLY time I will ever own a sports car or a sedan again will be in a few years when I pay of my house and it will be my fun "fast" car. And guess what... That will be the impractical vehicle, and not the TUNDRA or the Wrangler.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Well having 2 Gas Guzzling 4WD vehicles is to me (that's just me) impractical in Texas where you get no snow. One of the 2 might be ok (for nature ) but even more "practical" would be something like a Forester that will go about everywhere off road..and gets 30 mpg ..is cheaper and lasts longer. Remember we are talking "practical" that was my initial point. Not disputing your choice though. :)

And a sports coupe can be prictical even a camaro as my wife owned a Positraction American motors Rambler. And we didn't do any trails. But still I probably should have bought a 4WD Pickup truck back in 69. But again we both paid cash for both cars new..so that was again "practical"..somewhat.

And the Spec was always a POS no matter how you slice it.

·
El Greco
2,296 Posts
I have a company Car for work, my wife's work is 5 mi. away, and we only drive for pleasure pretty much... About 12000 / year between both vehicles. So no big deal on gas.

Yes, the forester would be more "practical" but no thanks on the 4 cylinders :). Let me emphasize that... I do need some fun, and even the turbo 2.0 ain't cutting it. No more 4 cyl for me practical or not.

The spec was not a POS, no issues whatsoever, and it was FULLY moded and driven decently hard. It was a POS due to having no room, like all Sentras.

·
geezinondowntheroad
8,005 Posts
The spec was not a POS, no issues whatsoever, and it was FULLY moded and driven decently hard. It was a POS due to having no room, like all Sentras.
So, did I mention the miata I picked up; SE-R is ENORMOUS and has the torque of the gods by comparison. :grin. there is something fun about driving with top down that really makes up for some shortcomings.

The jeep would be better for pulling a boat or similar toy.

ADC, don't forget the mud; that can be pretty entertaining in a 4x4, especially one with a roll bar. :grin

·
El Greco
2,296 Posts
Yep, no top is awesome. Screw sunroofs and moon roofs, in 5 min I have the front top out and stored; in another 10, the back panels are out. And then of course there are the doors, and the windshield. :D

9101 - 9120 of 9202 Posts