B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do they really work or not? i was wondering because i was thinking about buying one but i dont know what kind to get? any recommendations? or are they just a waste of money?

·
eyeforaneyetoothforatooth
980 Posts
From what I understand, the ones that work the best are not 100% and will run about $400, and who knows how long til they are outdated.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I've had 3 $80 detectors over the years (been driving 9 years now) and I have received not one speeding ticket. And I'm no Sunday driver...

THe cheap ones are better than nothing for sure. But no matter what you do, don't get over confident. You still have to look our for those coppers :)

·
980 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
ture, u always have to watch those po-po, cause sometime they will shut down everything(so the radar wont catch no signal) and the "blah" he turn on that speed gun, and then got ur ****** azz... j/k...
I got my radar for 2 years, and normally i still get speed tickets about every 2 months....

·
Registered
128 Posts
DON'T BUY THEM! waste of money, all they tell u is ur about to get cuaght, i had one when i was doing 90 on a windy road, it was completly silent, then once i the front end of my car was around the corner, the lever was pegged at 5! If ur speeding, anda cop is around, you will get cuaght, theres no way around it :(

·
Registered
806 Posts
Sentraboy03 said:
DON'T BUY THEM! waste of money, all they tell you is your about to get cuaght, i had one when i was doing 90 on a windy road, it was completly silent, then once i the front end of my car was around the corner, the lever was pegged at 5! If your speeding, anda cop is around, you will get cuaght, theres no way around it :(
I don't agree here....

It saved me dozens and dozens of tickets on the interstate. Mine would let me know at least a mile ahead of time....

·
★★★★★
8,477 Posts
theres one that you can buy that will deflect the cop's gun's signal and make it some crazy number or something..but it's way expensive, $1500 if i remember correctly. if you're going to pay $1500 bucks i don't get why you just don't speed? lol

·
Registered
312 Posts
shanno575 said:
theres one that you can buy that will deflect the cop's gun's signal and make it some crazy number or something..but it's way expensive, $1500 if i remember correctly. if you're going to pay $1500 bucks i don't get why you just don't speed? lol
Not really I paid 250 for mine, for 1500, i can get a radio that the po-po's have, guaranttee no ticket for me....and knows everything around....

·
★★★★★
8,477 Posts
SPEC_V_Kidd said:
Not really I paid 250 for mine, for 1500, i can get a radio that the po-po's have, guaranttee no ticket for me....and knows everything around....
or you could just slow down :D

·
980 Posts
shanno575 said:
or you could just slow down :D
or you could have your mom marry a cop ;)

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
i think one of the best is the passport 8500

1 - 20 of 22 Posts