B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent heard a lot about the NISMO R-Tune Sentra.
Does anyone here own one?
Has anyone driven one or compared it to a regular spec-v?

·
an unproductive bastard
418 Posts
from what i believe, the r tuned and s tuned variants are just dealer installed parts. they dont come that way, they just install the parts and call it nismo r tuned. if you want a compare, freshalloy.com did a pretty good review. but if you want personal testimonies, i dont think anyone here spent the money for full out nismo bolt ons...could be wrong though

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
in the end its just a Spec with Nismo Header (w/cat), Nismo Catback, NIsmo coilovers, Nismo Cams, Nismo Spoiler and Rtune Stickers. You could probably buy a regular Spec and buy the parts cheaper else where and build your own.

*edit*

here is the list posted on Fresh Alloy (Thanks Civicwhat)

* NISMO R-tune Sentra SE-R Spec V R-tune camshafts
* R-tune cold air intake
* R-tune off-road header (no cat)
* S-tune stainless exhaust
* S-tune 23mm front sway bar
* R-tune front strut tower brace
* S-tune shock and spring kit
* R-tune adjustable 25mm rear sway bar
* R-tune 25mm front lower tie bar
* R-tune semi-metallic front brake pads
* NISMO lightweight aluminum wheels (17x7.5)
* R-tune graphics kit

its all stuff u can purchase.

·
Educator & Anime guru
775 Posts
VMPhil said:
* R-tune graphics kit
Ah, the biggest HP boost from the nismo catalog ever!:D :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own a ser spec v r tune all stock nismo intake and it came with a s tune muffler but dont have a r tune cam. a Nissan dealership can't sell one new with a r tune cam you have to mod the cam yourself .so it's a real r tune just no cam

·
Registered
18 Posts
Insanely late here.
Had an 06 s tune that had everything but the cold air intake and header.
Had a 2.5" to 3" nismo exhaust, an I had a 2j racing Medusa v2 long tube header I never got around to installing.

I took very good care of the car while I had it, and in ideal condition it would Dino between 190whp to 205/10whp.
I was the third owner and don't know if the previous owners had put a tune or something on it, but it was definitely a bit more powerful than the non optioned out spec v. That was with a box air intake and the stock pre-cat exhaust manifold.
Can only assume it would have been making more power if it had the cams, cold air intake, and if I'd installed the header.
Again, there is a chance that a previous owner had gotten it a more aggressive tune, because I got pretty bad gas mileage, around 18-22mpg.

All in all, I'm pretty confident in assuming the S/R tune produce at least a little more power.
They definitely handle much better with the tighter suspension, bushings, sway bar, strut bar, etc., and the brembo brake kit.

I got lucky, and the original owner spent some money on optioning it out. Being in and seeing other se r and spec v, there's definitely a noticeable difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts