B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying the Apexi SAFC II soon, but before I do that, I'm wondering if I should ground my knock sensor before tuning it? Since at times the KS might pull the timing back, would it mess up how the SAFC will be tuned? Thanks.

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
the newer '04+ sensors have been upgraded and are less sensitive as the '02-'03 models people have grounded. between the nice new wideband O2 sensors and the new knock sensor, the '04s can hold their head high over the earlier models. ;)

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
We (JohnO and I) had mine tuned WITH the knock connected. With my mods it WAS pulling timing. Click my signature and you can see my dyno.

Whether it needs to be connected or not when you tune it.....I don't think it matters. If you disconnect it you just won't have the knock function on the SAFC is all. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, I'm no electronics whiz, but this is what I beleive to be true.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an '03. I was just thinking, since the SAFC controls the fuel ratio, if the KS is in and is pulling timing, and I tuned the SAFC. If later I ground the KS, would the SAFC settings still be tuned right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts