B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Slappy McGear Slapper
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just got my ES MMI today, man thesethings are huge, much bigger then I expected. Anyway the directions say nothing about supporting the engine when removing the cross member, but every how-to I've seen here says to. Is it just an oversight on their directions or just a step that makes it easier? Also I am gonna do this install alone, is that possible? Dont really have any buddies around to help me out.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I did it myself but it was a pain in the butt. The difficult thing is getting the crossmember in place when you are putting in the rear mount b/c you are pretty much doing it blind. You should support the front of the crossmember on something...box something like that so your not holding the whole crossmember up while trying to get the exact placement.

I lifted the engine up on a jack but could not get the crossmember to mount back in properly...the holes didnt line up. So lowered the engine back to where it sits stock...no jack and was able to line everything up. Have patience and lube the insterts with babyoil or something to fit them into the mounts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts