B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think nissan will take my 99 xe for a trade in if I have A H4 conversion done to my head lamps??? I can take off my rims and put back on the stock pos 13 with hubcaps. Another thing is that I have the chrome grill on it. Dam ...This is a bummer. If I trade it in.. (Which I am gonna) then I am going to have to go back to 9007 (whatever b14's lights are) and put back on the factory grill. Well that will bive me something to do. So what do u guys/gals think??

G

·
I can't see a dealer declining to take your vehicle on trade because of the headlight conversion. That is ridiculous. Don't worry about the grill either. Just leave it on. It's not worth the trouble to replace it with the stock unit. I would take the rims off though. You'll get more money selling them seperately. Dealers do not typically addon much, if any for aftermarket items. In some cases, it can actually detract from the cars value.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Aftermarket parts killed me when I traded in my civic. The springs cost me $500 and the exhaust cost me $700. They took a total of around $1500 off the actual value b.c of the mods I had done. I think they took off like $200 for the rims too. Kinda got screwed but I am so glad that I got rid of my rice lol. Ended up getting $6000 for a 97 civic with exhaust,intake,springs,custom grilles,seat covers,rice,and rims with 92,000 miles. If I would have sold it myself I could have easily gotten around $8-9,000 for it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool.. but what about clear corner lights.. I mean that is cutting into the car.. I bet they will take off for that. I just wanna get a new sentra. I love my b14 but I here a lot of good things about b15. I wanna settle for a SE 5 speed with pp and leather seates. That would be my dream car. An se-r is nice and all but if I can stick a bolt on turbo and get like ~300 hp than I am happy. I don't need that much hp cause I don't race a lot. Well N-e-way I only have a couple more months to go and then it time for a new sentra.

G

·
You do know that 2001 is the LAST year for the SR20DE powered SE. You may not be able to buy one if you wait much longer. The '02 models will start showing up in September or so.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I know. I have no choice but to wait for another month. I am getting layed off at my company (Damn IT field) so I am waiting till I get my severence pay which will be alot. I have an interview for another job and hopefully I will get it. Then I can get my 2K sentra in late july or august but I guess I will have to go with the flow.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
The dealer will alwaws look ..

for reasons to give you less money for your car and charge you more for theirs. The key is how much money difference is there between the new and the trade. If it sucks go to another dealer. I personally don't think the mods hurt. But on the other hand you won't get back what you put in. Remember cars are a bad investment as compared to a house-you put money into a house and you get more for it at the sale (two to one). Life sucks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
......then you die.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts