B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know the OVERALL diameter of the K&N filter that comes with the kit. Basically, I am trying to figure out how large of a filter I can fit in the fenderwell. Thanks in advance.

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (In Production.)
- Hotshot CAI (In Production.)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?? I know there are several people on the board with this intake. PLEEEAAASE!

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (On The Way!!)
- Hotshot CAI (At The Coaters.)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
you should direct a question towards RUSS he has one

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,and soon to be added Stromung cat-back......
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yay! Thank you.

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
i'd like to know as well to see if my K&N will fit,,,,cause i wanna convert my pop-cone into a CAI.......

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
check this out guys wonder how good it works??? www.prmracing.com

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
sorry it took so long max, been really busy lately. Getting the measurements from my filter would be too much of a PIA. I went and got my cuzn's filter ffrom his PR CAI(2000 SE also). If you still need the measurements from PR's filter, i got it setting right here. lemme kno

------------------
*Josh*
Hotshot Header, PR CAI, Unorthodox Pulleys, & Custom Exhaust

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya, I'd really like to know. I need to see if I can go to a larger filter than what I have currently. THanks.

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------

·
Registered
112 Posts
I heard that the PRM is really good. My friend got one in his BMW. 328. He said you can really feel the big different. I think RPM comes w/ custom kit. So we can mod that to fit our B15. What do u guys think ?

------------------
B15-SE w/ sport package.
5spd. Black.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
widest point: 5"
tallest point: 7"
narrowest point: 3.5"

measurements from k&n filter used on the PR CAI.

------------------
*Josh*
Hotshot Header, PR CAI, Unorthodox Pulleys, & Custom Exhaust

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks alot! It looks like the filter I currently have is as big as I can go.

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
hmmmm now i gotta go measure my K&N to see if it'll fit....thanks for the measurments also...

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
30 Posts
maxximtl - I'd say that the K&N filter was about 5in across or so - I know that I had to do some cutting to take the CAI tube, but the filter fit fine.

------------------
2001 Sentra SE
PR-CAI

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
now does the filter get stuffed up from under the car?? not threw the whole...

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
The filter goes under the hole by the wheel wall. The hole in the engine bay by the battery needs to be enlarged to fit the diameter of the tubing, thats all. if that doesnt make sense, im sleepy so uhh....

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*"]http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/darkside_se?d&.intl=us&.flabel=fld1&.src=ph]*myb15*[/URL][/url]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wait....so the filter doesn't have to fit through the hole?? Do you place the filter in the cavity from the underside of the car? How large of a filter do you think you could fit down in there then?

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
hehehe that's what i'm trying to figure out

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ooooh! That sheds a lot of light on the situation. Now, for my LAST question. What is the maximum width of a filter that could fit in there? Would an 8" diameter filter fit in the space?

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------

1 - 20 of 24 Posts