B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
El Burro
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have a question. Is it possible to wrap something in real CF? I was thinking of getting my Stillen lips wrapped in CF. I was thinking of getting the WC lip kit, but I want something different. If anyone could also recommend me to a place that does this kind of stuff (local to Northern NJ or any place where I can send it out) I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Larry

·
Registered
842 Posts
Sure, it's possible, but it won't look good. You'd have to put down resin on the lip. Then lay some carbon. And then some more coats of resin. IN the end, the part is going to be a LOT thicker than it was when you started.

baby GT-R said:
I just have a question. Is it possible to wrap something in real CF? I was thinking of getting my Stillen lips wrapped in CF. I was thinking of getting the WC lip kit, but I want something different. If anyone could also recommend me to a place that does this kind of stuff (local to Northern NJ or any place where I can send it out) I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Larry

·
shaft_master
289 Posts
I swear there used to be a company that would dip any plastic piece into water and lay a carbon fibre sheet on top. I know that it isn't real carbon fibre but it is a lot cheaper solution, plus it won't increase the thickness. I just can't think of the company off hand.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Yeah, somebody on here had most of his interior pieces done up like that.

·
SER Mod Father
3,419 Posts
A friend of mine did his whole interior and once it was all done he bought the real CF kit. It didn't look that bad IMO, but I think it would really take it's toll on the exterior.
You could cover the whole bumper *edit or splitters* in fiberglass and make a mold for a shop that can do real CF.

·
gone :(
1,283 Posts
well you can just add that fakeness to polished lip fakeness...LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts