B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 04' auto se-r. Just want to know what sr20det motor would fit in there for example a u12 0r u13. Hwat would i need for the auto to manual swap? and what else would i need to make this swap possible if i decide to do it?

·
Foolishly Impractical
966 Posts
All I can tell you for sure is it has to be from a front drive, or all wheel drive car.. one that was made to be transverse mounted.

BTW I'll just warn you now that you're bound to get alot of people saying that its going to cost you more than its worth.. and they are probably right.. but if you still want to do it then go for it =)

·
Registered
414 Posts
If you were to run the bbu12 or bbu13, for starters you'd need the 95-97 b14 se-r engine wiring harness for man tranny, if you were to do auto you'd need the 98-99 se USDM engine harness. For ECU i ran a b14 se-r programmed by JWT for what ever MAf and injectors i used. For motor mounts i used the mount brakets and motor mount for my 2001 se theybolt on to the u12 no problem. For transmisson you can either do the b15 se 5 speed or a b15 se auto. The stock automatic nonlocking axels do fit, as for automatic lock and 5 speed axels i'm most possitive they fix but I haven't tried so i'm not 100% sure. The passenger side axel only 2 of the bolts for the mount that bolts to the engine work, the top third won't. The distributor from the u12 will have to be swapped for a b14 se-r. As for wiring you'll have to rewire the b14 se-r connector that go inside you car under the dash by using you b15 conncetors, rather hard to type and explain about that but you can PM me and i'll explain. Powertech imports makes a down pipe for the b15 with u12 motor but it still doesn;t fit right so you have to cut a hair off your cross member to fit it. But the 5 speed swap i''m guessing you'll need the tranny , axels, maybe shift cables and tranny mount (if its different then b15 se-r). all off the 00-01 se sentra. Theres a little more but i can't remeber off the top of my head, but in all honesty if it's just boost you want just turbo you auto se-r and to a level ten build up on your trans casue it will save ALOT more time and money.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Too much hassle. Leave the car as it is & sell it. Go out & buy an SE & start there. My advice to you is to leave your car alone. You'll be happier in the long run.

If you want a fast car, go out & buy an EVO 8, STI, 350Z, WRX, G35, Mustang, SRT-4, or something like that. :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
i was thinking of putting an sr20 in mine it should drop in fairly easy i would think cause i know my buddy had an 01 se with the sr20de in it course thats not a det so you might need a little more work could some one let me know how easy it would be to put an sr20de into a 02 xe

·
300+whp
3,418 Posts
Just leave your car as is... Too much hassle, and I dont' think you know what you would be getting yourself into, b/c if you did you wouldn't have asked this question ;)

·
Registered
631 Posts
sentra02boy said:
i was thinking of putting an sr20 in mine it should drop in fairly easy i would think cause i know my buddy had an 01 se with the sr20de in it course thats not a det so you might need a little more work could some one let me know how easy it would be to put an sr20de into a 02 xe
sentra02boy said:
if you were referring to my post...
you dont know what me and my friends are capable of accomplishing

its not easy. at all. im in the process of doing it in an 03 XE. the mounts im getting will let the engine and tranny bolt in...but the simplicity ends right there. radiator needs to be custom made (unless someone can verify *chimmike* that theres a 2/3 row core aluminum one out there for our cars)

you need all new fuel management, all new ignition components (i hate distributors, im getting a direct ignition setup)... custom IC / piping setup, a good turbo manifold (protech)...

i won't deny that you and your friend can accomplish alot...the deciding factor here is money though. the swap will end up costing you well over $5000, personally, im spending close to $10,000 for everything (and thats getting most of it at cost, not retail)

just dont get defensive too quickly man. you joined these forums today. do some searching. i'm sure you can find damn near everything you want to know with that little button. just remember, there are ALOT of people here that know a lot more than you. if you want info on the 01-03 XE/GXE, chimmike is the man to talk to...i dont think anyone else on this forum is as knowledgeable about our cars than him, aside from the people that taught him what he knows lol

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
sentra02boy said:
if you were referring to my post...
you dont know what me and my friends are capable of accomplishing
i don't care what you're capable of accomplishing..........if you don't know what needs to be done, your skills don't mean squat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts