B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
ociffer i'm fine
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you guys knew where the best place to get rims and tires in Vancouver is?
I'm not a big fan of on-line purchasing so i'd like an actual store or shop to go to.

I'm getting my spec-v soon :D :D :D !!

I really have no ideas about the rims and tires anyways so input on that would be very welcome.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Presto: How big is that rim ??? from the ground clearance, it looks like 18"... but it looks like 17" if you just look at the tire.

I personally like the stock Spec-V rims more... sollie ^.^;

but it's wicked that you're able to shove a computer into the car. That's amazing... your next project should be to use the comp to self dyno the car and detect proper fuel/air mixtures and temperature etc... that would be unreal.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Royal Mist said:
Presto: How big is that rim ??? from the ground clearance, it looks like 18"... but it looks like 17" if you just look at the tire.

I personally like the stock Spec-V rims more... sollie ^.^;

but it's wicked that you're able to shove a computer into the car. That's amazing... your next project should be to use the comp to self dyno the car and detect proper fuel/air mixtures and temperature etc... that would be unreal.

That's a 17 inch rim. I didn't need new tires yet so those are still the stock contis. I wanted to stick with stock rims, but no one was selling any locally. Well, Prostrho had them, but I didn't know that until I had them for 2 months hehe. These rims were nicely priced and matched the car. I took off the ricey red piece that says Revolution on it. The wheel looks much better now.

I'm thinking about acquiring an ODBII cable for the computer and some software, but that'll probably take me awhile to get to it. Still need to do a few other things with the entertainment system. My auxillary battery just died and I'm looking to get a deep cycle battery to handle the abuse.

·
ociffer i'm fine
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright thanx guys i'll try the places listed above
anybody have any suggestions about what rims and tires i should get?

·
Powered by Honda
1,952 Posts
It really depends on your budget. For me, personally i wouldnt settle for anything less that Enkei RS5's or Volk Racing Gram Lights

Enkei RS5:

Gram Lights:

Also, take a look at the nismo wheels, they are really nice, and they are made by Rays Engineering (just like the Volk's) I believe.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I have recently purchased wheels and knowing that the weight of them is real crutial to performance I would like to compare them to those Enkei RS5 or Volk mentioned above so could you please let me know the approximate weight and price of those wheels and if there 17"......thank you

·
Powered by Honda
1,952 Posts
nizmo003 said:
I have recently purchased wheels and knowing that the weight of them is real crutial to performance I would like to compare them to those Enkei RS5 or Volk mentioned above so could you please let me know the approximate weight and price of those wheels and if there 17"......thank you
Exactly why i wouldnt settle for anything less. the mass is a big issue. I would imagine those wheels are in the neighbourhood of 15-20lbs, with the gram lights nearer to the 15 and the enkei's nearer to the 20, for 17X7's.

Unfortunatly I couldnt gather any solid information on the mass of them, Im just ballparking, based on various things ive read in the past.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Having investigated the matter a little further....should have done that before we bought our wheels but anyways turns out that the Enkei is one of the best picks out there.The 17" coming in at just over 20lbs and the 18" at 23lbs and the price is 230.00 a piece for 17" and 300.00 a piece for 18" thats for the RS5 which is made in Thaiwan and prices are with tax in, now there also is a ZR2 Enkei which is made in Japan and is of better quality the 18" comes in at just over 19lbs....pricey though at 500.00 a piece that wheel must be for a serious racer or someone with an unlimited credit card as far the Volk Racing Grams Lights are concerned they do not come in our bolt pattern. Now Konigs which we have are an 18" by 7 1/2 and come in at just under 22lbs for around 330.00 a piece so it turns out that it's an excellent wheel as well which is also made in Thaiwan defently Enkei or Konig would be the only wheels that I would recommend if quality and performance is what you need. Hopefully this will be able to help some of you out that are shopping for rims for your SE-R or Spec-V.

·
13.05 @ 111mph
194 Posts
That is what I run, RS5 17". I like em. Not quite as light as say SSR Compititions(12 lbs) but much cheaper..

·