B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i have owned my nissan sentra se for exactly 1-year. have 52,000 miles, and owe alot of money on it. i commute 250miles a day(own courier co and work at a lab).

my question is this: is the sr20de engine reliable. should i worry about anything and sell it now, or just drive and hopefully disconnect my speedometer and sell it later?

any info is appreciated, especially from anyone who owned a previous sr20de powered nissan, with over 100k miles!?

thanks

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
as long as you keep up the maintenance as you should, then you should be alright. the sr20 has proven it's reliability time and time again. (ask the se-r guys)

as far as disconnecting your odometer, do you know that is illegal? seems kinda wrong to lie to someone about your mileage.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
sell it now????

Why??? At that rate you'd be buying a car every year. Cars are a terrible investment anyway. I'm not plugging any product but you probably should be using syn oil. Mobil 1 ran 4 identical vehicles changing oil in 2 of 'em at 15K mile intervals and the other 2 at7.5K miles intervals. They all went 200K with "virtually no engine wear." (all wear parts came up to specs for *new* parts. I think they were Olds GM V-6's. Good engines. Whether they are better then the SR20DE is questionable. Nissan engines hold up fine. The Sentra is well constructed IMHO.

So I guess my alternate advice is to buy a GM V-6!!!!! He-he:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
I ran my 91 SE-R into the ground at 166K miles. The only reason I gave it up was bcuz my cousin ran over a sidewalk with it and messed up the suspension. Otherwise with religious maintenance, it should get you to 200K and beyond with no problems.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
thanks for the good news. i change all fluids and take care of it if it were my child, which it is!:D

i've used synthetic on my othe car (DSM eclipe), and i'll be damned if there were any diff.

i just do what the manufacturer recommends.

i go thru one car per two years cuz of the milage problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts