B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered Loser
Joined
·
6,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you guys thought about some of the runs I made here at Qualcomm Stadium. From the information gathered, I know that everyone is running between .3 to .5 slower here than a few other local well prepped tracks, like Carlsbad or Barona.

My best run:

2.372 60'
9.676 ET
76.40 MPH

Best trap last night of 77.32 and that was the best 60' I could muster there. I found it discouraging last week when I only ran a [email protected] 74.01 with a 2.446 60'. Anyone have any ideas on how fast I'd be running the quarter at on a better prepped track?
 

·
Registered Loser
Joined
·
6,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,958 Posts
Sorry, I don't have my slips to remeber.. I Think the first 1/2 of my 1/4 mile slips are close.. been a while since I peeked at them. I'll let you know when I get home... Armin could give you a better guess...

you do need some better tires :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts
Original Mr Sentra said:
Just wondering what you guys thought about some of the runs I made here at Qualcomm Stadium. From the information gathered, I know that everyone is running between .3 to .5 slower here than a few other local well prepped tracks, like Carlsbad or Barona.

My best run:

2.372 60'
9.676 ET
76.40 MPH

Best trap last night of 77.32 and that was the best 60' I could muster there. I found it discouraging last week when I only ran a [email protected] 74.01 with a 2.446 60'. Anyone have any ideas on how fast I'd be running the quarter at on a better prepped track?
I am going to take a pretty wild guess and say 15 something. But you do have a turbo so i could be totaly off. :eek:
 

·
Registered Loser
Joined
·
6,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, but my trap speeds are 77 MPH, that must bring down my times on a legit track. I pulled 9.8's at 74 MPH NA at Dinwiddie, VA which turned out to be 15.3 on the quarter. I'm guessing more like low to mid 14's.
 

·
coming soon
Joined
·
14,392 Posts
man, that sounds kinda slow actually.....I drove a buddy's bolted SE to low 9.9s at the 1/8th..........as did he.........

what's the elevation at that track?
 

·
Registered Loser
Joined
·
6,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
chimmike said:
man, that sounds kinda slow actually.....I drove a buddy's bolted SE to low 9.9s at the 1/8th..........as did he.........

what's the elevation at that track?
I have no idea, but to tell you the truth, I know I'm not running 9.6's at any legit dragstrip. EVERYONE here at Qualcomm runs slow. My buddy has a RSX-S with Toda N2 Engine kit, Mugen headgasket, I/H/E and some other stuff that other people were dynoing 215-220 whp that was running 9.4-9.5's at Qualcomm, but with a really nice launch. I don't know what elevation it is at the track, but I know this guy with a Mustang Cobra R was pulling 8.7's stock. That seems kinda slow to me too, doesn't it? Elevation is 20 feet from:

http://www.baseball-statistics.com/Ballparks/SD/

I'm overly positive my car is way faster that my car NA, so I'm not believing that I'm running high 14's low 15's, sorry... :) My buddy with a WRX with a few mods is only running a 9.5 there, you know what I'm saying? lol What it comes down to is that I need to get to a legit track. I wish Qualcomm was better for times, but it seems like I can't compare any times ran there to anyone else in the nation. :(
 

·
coming soon
Joined
·
14,392 Posts
yeah that sounds weird...maybe it's uphill or something? or maybe they have a crappy time setup...........I dunno man.....................that's weird. you should be in lower-mid 9s.
 

·
Registered Loser
Joined
·
6,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another thing is that running a 77 MPH trap and then comparing it to the timeslips page is making a guesstimation that I'm should be running low 9's maybe touching high 8's. I know it's me launching as well, so I'm not trying to say that I'm doing the best I can out there too, I just want to know where my car is at a good track. Damn I miss VA for Virginia Motorsports Park. :(
 

·
Registered Loser
Joined
·
6,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
chimmike said:
yeah that sounds weird...maybe it's uphill or something? or maybe they have a crappy time setup...........I dunno man.....................that's weird. you should be in lower-mid 9s.
I agree with everything you said. I think there's something wrong, but it seems like noone wants to fix it or something.
 

·
Registered Loser
Joined
·
6,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
what a stock spec good for in the 1/8th?
Haha, at Qualcomm, you'd be lucky to get low 10's here. Probably low to mid 10's is my guesstimation at least here. I've seen fully bolted Spec's barely make it into the 9's here. That's not normal.
 

·
Registered Loser
Joined
·
6,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
damn... well i mean really **** what the track says what do you dyno at 170-180whp or so?
Yeah, that's on like 5-6.5 psi of boost though, 170 whp and with the Bored MAF program on my ECU. I also need to jump back on the dyno, but I know I'm putting over 200 to the wheels.
 

·
Registered Loser
Joined
·
6,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
damn... well i mean really **** what the track says what do you dyno at 170-180whp or so?
Also, dyno numbers mean **** if you can't put it down on the street or strip.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,486 Posts
bah yeah i know what your sayin but all i was gettin at is that your def good for some better runs then that, the track you ran at just sounds like ****... n you say its all the drivers n not just you so hit up another track? at 170whp ur def capable for mid-high 14's n 200whp ur def good for high 13's i'd think anyway (given weather and tires n a decent track) plus its summer... im not goin to the track till it cools off
 

·
Registered Loser
Joined
·
6,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very true. I just can't wait to go somewhere better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts
chimmike said:
man, that sounds kinda slow actually.....I drove a buddy's bolted SE to low 9.9s at the 1/8th..........as did he.........

what's the elevation at that track?
Qualcomm is almost at 0 elevation…Maybe a little higher… 100 feet or so. But you got some nice thick ocean air. Not much of a home run park either ;)
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top