Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is pretty sad...
Not to mention way un-cool..

I was under the impression that everyone on this board had at least one thing in common... they were passionate about their B15's and wanted people to share their triumphs and tragedies with. Low and behold... this is just like any other stupid message board (no offense meant to the owners/operators/moderators of B15sentra.net) in the sense that no one here cares about cars, all they want to do is talk smack about other people who have the balls to do something different!

As for the Speed Force Racing Project car. I am the guy that disassembled the engine... I am the guy that went to JWT to ask questions and show them the results, NOT TO GET THEM TO REBUILD THE ENGINE!! Either Tim or myself are MORE than capable of building a motor! Did anyone ever bother to think that JWT has not built a QR turbo without forged parts?? That's not the point. This is the whole problem with message boards... large collections of enthusiastic people... with ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT!!! There are only about 12 people that have actually held the broken parts in their hands, yet there's a mass of EXPERTS on b15sentra.net who know everything about what happened.

I AM GOING TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT.

Firstly, any and all quotes that people posted from either Jim or Clark at JWT are purely false!

Secondly, all of the BS about how you could see detonation on the dyno chart is just that, BS!! I have the ONLY copy of it right in front of me, and there isn't even an A/F ratio graph. There is a listing based on RPM in text form and the A/F ratio never exceeded 12.1:1. Now, for all of you who don't know what that means (yet repeatedly claim you do)... IT'S WHAT YOU WANT. 14.7:1 is stoch. , ie perfect. Now, given that there is no graph displaying this information, and also, given the fact that the dyno graph has not even been released for public viewing, I find it very odd that anyone can claim with any certainty that they "saw so much detonation"!!!

Thirdly, We all know what the weak point in the QR is... rods. I have seen multiple posts from idiots claiming that "I told you so". These people are professional mechanics who are trying to break into new performance territory with a new engine that no one really knows much about... right?? WRONG!! These are people who read something, and then instead of being supportive, take it upon themselves to act like they have any idea what's going on. So SFR blew up a QR. Big deal. We all knew it would happen, even Tim knew in the back of his mind that it would happen. The customer that owns the car most likely had the rods on his mind when he turned over the keys to Tim. When Tim told me he was going to attempt this, the rods were on my mind... BUT THAT’S WHAT THE PERFORMANCE GAME IS ALL ABOUT!! TAKING CHANCES!! If Tim didn't have the balls to try this, someone else would've, and the same results would've occurred. There was ABSOLUTELY NO ROD BEARING FAILURE. THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO ROD BOLT FAILURE. I quote Jim Wolf in saying that "this just looks like catastrophic rod failure". There were no oiling problems, there was no detonation. Nissan rods have been getting progressively softer, and now they are to the point that they can not be worked with.

Also, for what it's worth... Jim and I put a bore gauge into the cylinders post "bad day", and found all four cylinders (even the windowed one) to be within a thousandth of round. If you've read this far, and can understand where I'm coming from (ie, your not so pissed at me that you can't even think) you will take this information and remember it when you're trying to decide if you really need to buy those new sleeves. And for the record, Yes, the QR sleeves are extremely thin... but they held up under the harshest of tests!

I'm going to end this with a request of the whole Nissan community, not just on this board, but across the country with every model and chassis platform.....

GET OVER YOURSELVES!!!

I love nissans as much as the next guy, probably more. We all need to realize that we're all in this for the same goal! I understand a little friendly competition... but everybody is so against each other that no one ever makes progress with anything.

I applaud Tim and they boys at Speed Force... not only did they tank it the first time, but they're going to try again, and again, and again until they get it right. That's what the performance industry is all about. Fu****g up until you get it right. How many engines do F1 teams grenade before they find the setup that works right?? This is all new to everyone, and we all want to see a reliable turbo kit for the QR... Tim's is super nice to, by the way.

Hopefully, Tim will get the pics posted today or tomorrow so everyone can see what really happened. Number 3 twisted and snapped... POW, 3 block windows. Number 2 is bent like an S , Number 1 is a little straighter, and Number 4 is arced slightly....

I guess that this thread will get locked, Fine.
I guess that everyone hates me now, Fine.
I guess that Tim and I will figure out this QR turbo thing first... Fine.
I think that B15sentra.net needs to start a new forum... S*** talking for little babies who are too stupid to see that progress is being made!

-n-

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
There was ABSOLUTELY NO ROD BEARING FAILURE

Not trying to start a Shi*t fest here, not just the general memebers of this forum are quilty of not what was going on. SSR Engineering who is seen as a spokesperson for the company even said that there was rod bearing failure. You can't possibly blame all of this BS on the forum members here when someone from the company that made the car was giving false information as well.

Knowledge is powerful in fighting ignorance. Most of the people who were talking smack in that thread had no knowledge of what the situation of that car was, but to be fair neiter did SSR Engineering (the user).

Again, I'm not trying to make anyone look bad here, I am just saying that it is foolish to come here and flame our forum memebers when company insiders had no idea what they were talking about either. There are always going to be people that will talk smack in any situation and that is the case on ANY internet forum.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
confustion

SSR Engineering who is seen as a spokesperson for the company even said that there was rod bearing failure.

I agree... that statement was made prior to my pulling the snapped rod off of the crankshaft. All of the other bearings were fine. The way that the #3 rod bound itself to the crank appeared to be a classic bearing failure... Not the case. The rod started to twist, and then it bite into the crank and siezed. Tim spoke early, and he ment no harm. I think that he was angered by the maligned posting of other people.

I mean in no way to blame forum members for what is going on... i just wish that people would be supportive of the guys that are trying what needs to be tried. I get so tired of seeing people say "i told you so"... it's not productive to mearly say I told you so... that's why tim and i are working so closely together to make this right. he asked if i had any ideas, and i'm trying to help. I just wanted to try and point that out to everyone.

Pics will be posted later on today by either myself or by Tim.

And for the record, it's not SSR, but SFR (Speed Force Racing).

-n-

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
who is building the kit? there are so many company names being spilled thru all the thread, so far i know of SFR,SSR, import lab, JWT....was the hp numbers what cause this rod to go? just entirely too much stress on it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
who is building the kit? there are so many company names being spilled thru all the thread, so far i know of SFR,SSR, import lab, JWT....was the hp numbers what cause this rod to go? just entirely too much stress on it?

Speed Force Racing. I own Import Lab, the two shops are in the same complex. I disassembled the engine and went to JWT to show it to them and get a second and third opinion. The car made 270WHP... the rods just simply can not take that much power. when the pics are up, you'll see what i mean. They bent like little pieces of wire. There was nothing done wrong with any part of the kit, the tuning, the install... nothing. It was kinda like the Challenger (remember that)... it was a production defect that everyone knew about... we just didn't know how far we could go with it. Now we do.

Live and learn right?

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
so who is ssr in this whole deal? what are they doin besides spilling wrong info into these threads? also how much lower can they adjust the boost and still be effecient?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, don't take this the wrong way... but I don't know your automotive background. I've been building race engines for almost 11 years. That's not detonation. Jim Wolf, Clark Steppler, and Mike Smith all back me on that one!

if you know anything nissan, then that's all you need to hear are those 3 names!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
qr25deSpecV said:
so who is ssr in this whole deal? what are they doin besides spilling wrong info into these threads? also how much lower can they adjust the boost and still be effecient?
I think that SSR came about as a result of someone saying the name incorrectly... though i'm not sure.

As for new boost levels, we aren't going to know until we try.

Stay tuned

·
NG Autoworks
7,504 Posts
Re: confustion

b13gtir said:
I get so tired of seeing people say "i told you so"...
I've told SSR from day one, that he needs to research this motor a LOT more than he has, or else he's going to blow the motor.....it was inevitable; especially from the elementary questions that he was asking me and Travis.

But I agree, it was harsh to say "I told you so", like I said in my thread in off topic, it may have sounded like I was happy to see the engine blow, but I wasn't....I just want you guys to work it out, and get a viable kit on the market that makes good power...

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
it may be what alot of member have come across when the piston is actually hittin the spark plugs may want to check into that as well, check those plugs

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think that deep down that's all anyone wants... espicially the gentleman that owns the car.

We will figure this out... and for what it's worth... we did do research... it just came out the side of the block!

This is the best way to do research... this is how engine manufacturers test their new engines... they run them to the point of destruction and then analyze the results. We have done that... the rods are junk. Everyone knows that... how far can we go? we don't know that yet... 270 is too far.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
qr25deSpecV said:
it may be what alot of member have come across when the piston is actually hittin the spark plugs may want to check into that as well, check those plugs
The only damaged plug was #3... but that piston broke into more than 10 pieces... 1/2 of it was turned sideways in the block with the rings sticking out the front. Thats where the spark plug damage came from. The cylinder head is fine.

·
Registered
806 Posts
NiceGuy said:
So, why is his name SSR Engineering on this forum?
LMFAO!!!

I thought the same thing....

This thread reminds me of those 3-4 threads where Calvin came on trying to stick up for MR.....

Somehow these companies dig themselves deeper in their holes, who trusts them????

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
this isn't about digging a hole, it's about building turbo kits. if you don't have anything constructive to say, SHUT THE F*** UP!

What happened sucks, and I wish that it hadn't happened, but it did and now we're going to deal with it. You act like we did it intentionally, or we neglected to do something. We didn't. The rods are simply not strong enough to do what we asked them to do.

·
Registered
99 Posts
b13gtir said:

Speed Force Racing. I own Import Lab, the two shops are in the same complex. I disassembled the engine and went to JWT to show it to them and get a second and third opinion. The car made 270WHP... the rods just simply can not take that much power. when the pics are up, you'll see what i mean. They bent like little pieces of wire. There was nothing done wrong with any part of the kit, the tuning, the install... nothing. It was kinda like the Challenger (remember that)... it was a production defect that everyone knew about... we just didn't know how far we could go with it. Now we do.

Live and learn right?
Thanks for the info. So your saying that two different shops made this kit? Just woundering.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.