B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. I’ve come across some incomplete info, and I’m hoping someone here may have some first hand or at least reliable info. My ‘06 Spec V needs a new motor, and I’m trying to weigh options on what to put in, sticking with the QR25DE.

I’m wanting to swap the block only, keeping header and intake from my ‘06. Is the block from the ‘02-06 essentially the same? The butterfly screw issue everyone bring up was on the intake manifold, so not an issue. Any other changes?

Altima vs Sentra differences? Any?

What about B16 Sentras, I understand this is a new generation of QR25DE, but will the block work? I’ve heard mention of motor mount issues, but have yet to see any pics or other details of this. Also heard mention of some sensor differences because of the wiring harness, these can be swapped easily I’m assuming?

Looking for some advice, need to come up with a plan soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have heard that the SR20 is swapable for the QR25DE, i dont think there are many mods needed for this, but i would google qr25de swap sr20 and see if there are other threads in the forums that can help you better, all i know is that it is doable, and the SR20 block has a different stroke distance than the QR25, so yeah lots of research..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey folks. I’ve come across some incomplete info, and I’m hoping someone here may have some first hand or at least reliable info. My ‘06 Spec V needs a new motor, and I’m trying to weigh options on what to put in, sticking with the QR25DE.

I’m wanting to swap the block only, keeping header and intake from my ‘06. Is the block from the ‘02-06 essentially the same? The butterfly screw issue everyone bring up was on the intake manifold, so not an issue. Any other changes?

Altima vs Sentra differences? Any?

What about B16 Sentras, I understand this is a new generation of QR25DE, but will the block work? I’ve heard mention of motor mount issues, but have yet to see any pics or other details of this. Also heard mention of some sensor differences because of the wiring harness, these can be swapped easily I’m assuming?

Looking for some advice, need to come up with a plan soon.
What did you end up doing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts