B15 Sentra Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i work at uhaul (there right now) and i just had a customer claim to me he put a qr25de in his suzuki esteem, actually he had a shop called "ramon's" in brentwood new york do it.. i told him to bring it down when he returns the truck he rented and ill give him a deal on it, when i see it.. ill bring my digicam for that one...

talk to you later
adam

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
BodeB15 said:
Well the QR25DE is a truck motor...:p:D:p:D
aww bodey's upset because stock specs make more power than his car :D

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Sentrase00 said:
but ours dont break...
except for the rocker arms and the oil squirter on cyl1 ;) I'm not hating.. SR is proven for reliability... If nissan thinks the QR is it's future 4cyl (it seems to) I think it'll change two things, shot peen the butterfly screws and actually fix the precat.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lawngn0mex said:
except for the rocker arms and the oil squirter on cyl1 ;) I'm not hating.. SR is proven for reliability... If nissan thinks the QR is it's future 4cyl (it seems to) I think it'll change two things, shot peen the butterfly screws and actually fix the precat.

i have nissans solution to fixing the qr25.... slap on a turbo, so you can get rid of those troublesome butterfly valves :) ... loose the precat (precats dont like turbo heat )... and forge the pistons and rods, and some decent valves and valve springs... done and done.... oh yea and make it a closed deck

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
st0k3d said:
i have nissans solution to fixing the qr25.... slap on a turbo, so you can get rid of those troublesome butterfly valves :) ... loose the precat (precats dont like turbo heat )... and forge the pistons and rods, and some decent valves and valve springs... done and done.... oh yea and make it a closed deck
The open deck can still hold 300+ HP.... MORE than enough for FWD...

The open deck also helps with motor cooling by adding to the amount of liquid that can flow through the motor.

·
El Greco
2,296 Posts
BodeB15 said:
Well the QR25DE is a truck motor...:p:D:p:D
No matter what people say, I LOVE the QR25DE. I love the stock torque and response :) It has not given me the slightest problem. Maybe b/c I do not mess w/ it? What, you complain about throwing in a turbo and the engine not being reliable? LOL.

It is not Nissan's problem.. if you wanted turbo, get a stock one ore another car. Nissan sure should fix reliability problems, as should EVERY other manufacturer. Who would have thought a Toyota Camry LE V6 would throw a rod? Guess what, My Camry did, and yeah, it is a "reliable" toyota.

Again, the SE-R is great FOR WHAT IT IS. I find it funny the same people "brag" about it, and when they see someone bashing it, they happily join...

So Bode15, you are telling me you got your car b/c you liked it better than an SE-R and financial reasons were not a factor at all? Sure. So if you had the change to get a spec for free and give up your car, you would say no? Sure again.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Thank You Evangelos K. i absolutly agree. i love this car, and its engine and everythign about, never had a single problem. and i ahve 3 other friends with a spec and a 4th with a gxe and not even a single problem. you wana go make sick numbers on the dyno, go get a honda. no wonder they can withstand it there motors are so small and there strock is so little that its no surprise. as for me i love the torque nissan produces stock!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
evangelos K said:
So Bode15, you are telling me you got your car b/c you liked it better than an SE-R and financial reasons were not a factor at all? Sure. So if you had the change to get a spec for free and give up your car, you would say no? Sure again.
i'll answer this in my case.

i bought my car july 27, 2001. at that time, i had known about the spec v for a good amount of time. my dealership told me they would have one by mid-october of 2001 and i could have easily waited if i wanted to. money was not a problem and if i had it to do all over again, i would chose my SE again over the SE-R :). i did it once when all the hype was happening, i'm pretty sure i could do it again ;)

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
i'll answer evangelos' smart *** question too. i sold my spec-v and took a small loss and now have an se and have no regrets what so ever. judging from the cash i paid for the SE and the Tein SS, it wasn't a problem with money :)

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
evangelos K said:

I bought my car in early 2002 , before the Spec-V & SE-R were available . And I still would've went with the SE . I bought the SE purely because of the SR20DE motor , plain & simple . :D But I've gotten to love the B15 body-style . ;)

·
Registered
194 Posts
yeah i would have gotten the sr20 powered se too if it had a differential in it and all the other lil perks of the spec-v

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
I would've bought the Spec-V in 2002...if it were available .

Of course the QR25DE motor would've been ditched for an SR20VE...and I could've been the first SR20VE-powered B15 . :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.