B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, since there is no sentra in Japan, what car (in Japan) will be using this engine? will it be in the sunny gti-r?

Question for Americans: How big is the jdm theme(in general, ie all imports) in the States?

I live in vancouver and every time i go to seattle/oregon, i see cars (nice and fugly) but rarely do i see any jdm modded cars.

Here in Vancouver (richmond to be specific) the large oriental population is into that whole jdm look which i prefer. spoon, bride nismo, zeal, tein, blitz, c-west, bomex, and jun are the parts that most ppl put into their cars here.
Doesn't it make more sense to put j-spec parts in japanese cars? my $0.02 :D :D :D

------------------
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!
===CiTY Compact Racing===

[This message has been edited by Pogi5 (edited April 21, 2001).]

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
I wish it were as easy as the honda crowd to get jdm parts. it is especially hard since the b15 is a North American release only. The b13 and 14 may have an easier time of getting stuff than the b15'ers. About the only items i've found available are little things like radiator, crankcase and fuel filler caps.

now the 240sx here has a good jdm supply, as well as the 300zx. 240's and sr20deT swaps are very common. matter of fact, there are 3 in just my area alone.

Maybe if we had some pals in okinawa or something that were willing to purchase and import these parts, or even mexico, maybe it would get better.

just my thoughts..

------------------
the moderator formerly known as 2000SE
MY SITE

·
Registered
0 Posts
There is no Sentra in Japan, but the car called "Sunny" is the same thing as Sentra. But New Sunny doesn't come with QR25 motor. (QG15 and QG18) The all new Japan
spec P12 "Primera" (G20 here) has QR20 or QR25 motor in.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Pogi5 said:
Just wondering, since there is no sentra in Japan, what car (in Japan) will be using this engine? will it be in the sunny gti-r?

[This message has been edited by Pogi5 (edited April 21, 2001).]
There is a sentra (a B15 anyways) in Japan, uses QG engines.

QR25DE I don't believe is used in any Japanese cars. The QR25DD, however is, and the QR20DD.

QR25DE is used in the Primera in Europe (if I'm not mistaken, could be the QR25DD) and I'm sure the austrailain, european, and south american X-trails use it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts