B15 Sentra Forum banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here is the Quote from the other b15site

I went out to the CNC shop to day to find out what it would cost to build this manifold .
The first one will cost $1500 .This is for the 3D scan and the cad work and the first one to come of the CNC block then the will be $550 for all the rest

If you get 10 orders the this $1500 will be $150 each
20 orders the this $1500 will be $75 each
30 orders the this $1500 will be $50 each
40 orders the this $1500 will be $37.50 each
and so on
i will find out what it would cust to get it cast here in the USA and i will give you the price when i get it

·
Registered
9 Posts
So is the itb route less stressful on the engine than a turbo or supercharger? Less maintenance? How much weight would this be adding to the engine? Any plans on hooking up the b16 qr?
This can be on the list if there is a call for it ????
All i need is the car for a 45 minutes or so to plot out the manifold and work space

THanks to Armin the pics look good with out him we would be in the dark

·
Poopra King
14,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
So is the itb route less stressful on the engine than a turbo or supercharger? Less maintenance? How much weight would this be adding to the engine? Any plans on hooking up the b16 qr?
These can be used for NA or boosted applications. Less stressful....not quite sure what you mean. You can see much better throttle response, higher rpms (with supporting mods like an UpRev ecu), and more power. Less maintenance....it's no more maintenance than the oem throttle body.

As far as the b16 QR...we would need to see one to see the differences.

·
Poopra King
14,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
This is exactly what I've been waiting for! I'm in the Orlando Area if you are still looking for a test car to run it on. any particular requirements?
Well we'd like a car with either an UpRev ecu or a standalone preferably. Also a fully bolted car would also be preferable. Anyone local fit this criteria?

·
Registered
53 Posts
OMG!!! this is soo damn sexy, when these get on the road, i bet tuners around the world would feel totally different about 4dr sentras lol. cant wait for the product to be ready for sale, and i hope you guys could make a nice site where the late buyers could soon buy a pair of there own, rather than GBs. awsome work cant wait.

·
Registered
396 Posts
a few questions/concerns...

With such short intake runners, won't that really have a negative effect on the low-end torque???

Also, because the qr25 is a stroked motor, it won't (or shouldn't) be revving high enough to take full advantage of such short runners.

Also, it doesn't seem like there would be enough room for all that equipment between the head and throttle body of a sentra.

·
Poopra King
14,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
a few questions/concerns...

With such short intake runners, won't that really have a negative affect on the low-end torque???

Also, because the qr25 is a stroked motor, it won't (or shouldn't) be revving high enough to take full advantage of such short runners.

Also, it doesn't seem like there would be enough room for all that equipment between the head and throttle body of a sentra.
Go back through and read the whole thread.

The QR25 is not a stroked motor. A stroked motor would imply that the stroke of the crankshaft has been altered.

The QR makes more than an abundance in low end, and the small amount you would lose would be greatly made up with the hp gained with these.

We have many different length TB's to use and have taken measurements and have no problem making these fit.

Who says a QR25 can't rev? Have you spoken with anyone running a standalone or UpRev ecu???

·
Registered
396 Posts
oh i meant "between the head and firewall"... but in any case, thanks for addressing my concerns.

·
Poopra King
14,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
oh i meant "between the head and firewall"... but in any case, thanks for addressing my concerns.
Yes I know, there is room :)

Plus remember...this isn't a mod for a stock motor....this is more geared towards fully bolted motors that have limited choices once they've reached the point of fully boltedness (I think I just made a new word up). For example a QR with I/H/E/BSR/FW/P/Ported Head/Nismo or JWT cams/Ferrea Spring Kit and either a standalone or UpRev would see significant gains. RPM range would be expanded, the motor would be much quicker revving, and power would be increased pretty much from 3500 rpms on up. One of the QR22 motor set-ups that I think Travis does would see even better gains from this set up.

·
Registered
106 Posts
One of the QR22 motor set-ups that I think Travis does would see even better gains from this set up.
since i saw travis's sqr22 build and saw your ITB, ive been dreaming about fully bolted 11:1 compression 8.5k reving tire ripping 230whp NA goodness. What a beast it would be. It would be damn near the meanest NA 4 banger ever. I bet with a nice strip down, high 12's would be possible. So mean.

·
Poopra King
14,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
since i saw travis's sqr22 build and saw your ITB, ive been dreaming about fully bolted 11:1 compression 8.5k reving tire ripping 230whp NA goodness. What a beast it would be. It would be damn near the meanest NA 4 banger ever. I bet with a nice strip down, high 12's would be possible. So mean.
I think 230whp with that set up might be a bit on the low side ;)

61 - 80 of 88 Posts