B15 Sentra Forum banner
41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Hoosier Daddy?
11,791 Posts
Yeah, you can drill the rivets out.. I pulled one apart a few months ago to look at doing a CNC'd aluninum enclosure for the ITB setup on Jesse's motor.

·
Poopra King
14,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
So what do ya'll think....the air horns are actually longer the ones we're using but we had them laying around and used them for photo purposes only.

Opinions?

·
Registered
106 Posts
dont get me wrong, this seems like an AMAZING setup, reminds me of the good ole' 3 duece carbs and stuff BUT correct me if im wrong, but would this not only benefit tuners who are already really maxed out on bolt ons and are really just looking for that upper edge? but then again isnt that what we all are doing :)

also with such a reduction in air intake size would this dramatically reduce the low end on a motor? If so and this dramatically increases the top end i would say its exactly what the QR needs.

·
Poopra King
14,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
dont get me wrong, this seems like an AMAZING setup, reminds me of the good ole' 3 duece carbs and stuff BUT correct me if im wrong, but would this not only benefit tuners who are already really maxed out on bolt ons and are really just looking for that upper edge? but then again isnt that what we all are doing :)

also with such a reduction in air intake size would this dramatically reduce the low end on a motor? If so and this dramatically increases the top end i would say its exactly what the QR needs.
I wouldn't exactly call this someone's first mod to their car....but it will benefit mildly modified motors, fully bolted cars, and boosted cars. A bone stock car would see gains, but may not be worth the money at that point.

You will not lose a lot of bottom end, but you WILL gain mid-range on up power, and with the right cams and ecu/standalone you will see much higher rpms

·
Registered
9 Posts
The ITB set up is shorter than the OEM intake and we have 5.25 between the fire wall and the air filter .The air horns in the pic are 125mm long and it will fit in the space we have .I will get Armin to takea pic of the OEM part next to the ITB set up this week if he has time . If this is what you guys need thenit will be cast i do not have that kind of time to sit down at the welder to do only this intake all day .WE do all kinds off engine's for all kinds of cars and bike's

Dyno runs are a way down the road we just built this in the shop when we found time this week .This project is not a money maker right now this is a freebie right now to show how quick it can be made .
If you take a look at the post i gave my self two weeks to do this one .
I will keep you all in the loop on this .

PS if you guys need this to become a full kit we will have to come up with some thing in regards to if there will be 1 unit or 20 units or more .
This will let us know if this is going to be a show and tell or a product line for this engine

·
Resident Slowpoke
707 Posts
I like the way the ITB's came out, and it piqued my interest quite a bit :D. If it can be known, how much would the cost be for the QR ITB setup? You can PM me if you don't wish to post it publicly. I'll link a fellow that's amidst an NA build that might be interested as well so he can see this :D.

·
Resident Slowpoke
707 Posts
We do not have a price set in stone yet but there will be two kits that is in this thread .
i will try to get the next kit built by this time next week Armin will pos pic and info when we get around to it
Sweet, I'm looking forward to that. Keep us posted!

·
Hoosier Daddy?
11,791 Posts
I really like how Jenvey casts the injector boss and rail mount right into the TB's.. That makes the overall setup much easier, in terms of the manifold.

BTW, are you going to experiment with different runner lengths and sizes?

Travis

41 - 60 of 88 Posts