B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was trying to find out if you can swap a SR20DET and tranny into a 1.8S by following the same steps as you would if you were swapping the 1.6 motor for a SR20. Appreciate the help.

·
★★★★★
8,477 Posts
immoble did it, search for his thread in this section

·
Random White Guy
1,245 Posts
I just blew my sr20de, id buy that car if he wasnt in canada :-(

·
Banned
601 Posts

·
Banned
601 Posts
guess i can cancel these tix to the Loo...JK i wouldn't even know how to begin caring for a beatiful baby like that anyways if it were avail.

·
geezinondowntheroad
8,005 Posts
Principle said:
Well, B15Chik did it, might want to ask her, I'm def interested in doing this swap as well, so hopefully someone answers, lol.
You sure, that's shannon, ya know? :D (a few posts up) I thought hers came with an SR20.

Aren't the mounts & electronics the biggest holdup?

·
Registered
1 Posts
In the 2005 sentra model, the gas pedal is electronic. When you swap to a SR20, you must keep the same throttle body. The ECU of the SR20 engine doesn't manage the electronic throttle body. Correct?

I don't know if in the 2000-2003 model the gas pedal was electronic.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I do not know too much about the 1.8 or the 1.6, but wouldn't it be MUCH easier to get rid of the car all together and buy a 2.0 and THEN swap the SR20DET into that? I am by no means a mechanic, but was just wondering. The SR20DET is an AMAZING engine, but that much power in a FWD, how does that handle?

Shanno575: This question is to you. (It may be answered somewhere else but oh well) When you were building your engine, did you swap out the internals or leave them the same? How many miles are on your SR20DE-T now? How many on it from when the turbo was installed? How much power are you putting down? Is it hard to successfully put all of the power down to the ground? (Sorry for the n00b questions, I drive a twin turbo RWD car now, and am no longer in a position to learn about the FWD cars like I used to be)

·
★★★★★
8,477 Posts
mushugordon said:
Shanno575: This question is to you. (It may be answered somewhere else but oh well) When you were building your engine, did you swap out the internals or leave them the same? How many miles are on your SR20DE-T now? How many on it from when the turbo was installed? How much power are you putting down? Is it hard to successfully put all of the power down to the ground? (Sorry for the n00b questions, I drive a twin turbo RWD car now, and am no longer in a position to learn about the FWD cars like I used to be)
no, stock internals. hmm, i have put maybe 10k miles on the car since it's been turboed? it was turboed around 84k i think. i have no idea how much power it's putting down. at 10psi should be around 240 or so? bad dyno experience the first time and haven't gone back. hope to go sometime this winter. it gets pretty squirrely at what i have it at now (10psi), but it's not uncontrollable. it gets worse as the boost goes up :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts