B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this mainly goes for the guys who have the 1.8's with an automatic, but hey it can be really for anyone... Just lettting you guys know that the "cool radiator" can fit on our cars perfectly... The 2.5 and 1.8 have the same fitment with this radiator... so I purchased this radiator almost 2 weeks ago because I needed one and just installed it this morning... only problem is that your going to need 2 separate transmission lines because this cool radiator is only for antifreeze coolant... You can go to autozone or any auto parts store and pick up a "transmission cooler kit" so you can run the 2 separate lines into it... the kit should cost anywhere between $30-40... just a small one (the kit contains one hose, small radiator (probably 5 inches high and 7 inches across would be perfect) and clamps with these little wire attachments to brace the cooler... Also I must advise anyone that will be getting this radiator that will be doing the tranny cooler install to get more tranny cooler hose (it's about 5/16 size), get about 6-7 feet of it, also more hose clamps for the small hoses and larger hoses such as the radiator hoses.. them screw in clamps are good :)
Well I must say, the install went well and everything is good... only bad thing about this radiator is that its hot on top :( Theres no cover or plastic ;)
Well if anyone needs help with the installation or wants a "how to", just pm me... too tired to type...

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
wow that's a pretty good price. How's the fitment with stock radiator hoses? I might pick this sucker up!

·
name goes here
658 Posts
Welcome to a few months back Mike. :rolleyes: lol

J/K as you know. I dont even know why im posting again.

Khem A.K.A chimmikes daddy

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chimmike said:
wow that's a pretty good price. How's the fitment with stock radiator hoses? I might pick this sucker up!
fitment is good.... but i'll suggest that you get new hose clamps... the screw in clamps...

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
chimmike said:
but otherwise use of the stock rad hoses is good? the clamps are the least of my worries, lol
Yeap the hoses are good to go... just before if you decide to use them, just check the condition on them... I bought a new upper hose just incase but still using the old lower hose.. so far, no problems (knocks on wood twice)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Need Help !!!

Sorry to dig up the old thread guys but i need help putting in my new radiator. I had a front end collision on my car (2004 1.8S) and had to replace the radiator condenser front bumper hood ...... etc etc. The point is i made the mistake of not taking pictures of how the radiator originally fit into the car and how we took everything out. Im trying to put the new one into the car now and im having a bit of trouble with the fitment. Maybe i need to adjust the radiator supprt some more or something i dunno. But if anyone has taken pictures of this install it would begreatly appreciated if you post them or send them to me. Thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The radiator is much larger than the stock unit but i dont know what name brand it is i got it from a local radiator shop. Funny enough, the fans did bolt up to the radiator I thought that they wouldnt when i looked at the two radiators side by side. It was actually pretty simple once i got time to sit down and figure everything out. I had forgotten that the condenser is up front and sits on these little braces. Everything was pretty simple once i realized where everything goes. Just an example that you should never take your car apart and let it sit for a month without taking pictures of you taking it apart to show where everything went. The car is running again, finally. But i dont have any gas in it ... lol. Thanks though guys.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts