B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i finally called Scott today and i just ordered the rear muffler for $369. i will order the rest of the cat back later. i have some quetions though, wil it void my warranty, and is it legal , for my state, Texas. i am worried about the sound, will it have a good sound. i want a loud sound but not all that raspy or ricey. i still want it to be heard and turn heads. how easy is it to bolt on, i know absoulty nothing about cars so i will most likely have to pay someone to put it on for me, or can i do it?

------------------
2k Sentra GXE, auto
-added spoiler and factory foglights

·
Registered
297 Posts
yes it is completely bolt-on, and yes it is completely street legal everywhere. NO it will not void your warranty, and the exhaust is kinda quiet except at idle and at wide open throttle aboe 4k RPM. I still have not installed mines yes, I need some jack stands or a lift so I can do the install.

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Custom Aluminum Mesh Front Grille by Myself, Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust, and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in less than 2 weeks) [email protected]

·
Registered
816 Posts
With a stock midpipe, the exhaust will do nothing for your car in terms of performance. It will also sound very close to stock. Even WITH the stromung midpipe and CAI, the exhaust is pretty quiet.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Hmm...not so sure about your 1.8, but the sound on my SE is very nice. Stock, you can barely hear the rumble, of course until you rev it up! Wide open, it wails with intensity, yet it doesn't sound nearly lawn mower-E. :)

I'd definitely look into the midpipe, but find out how your car runs with the stock setup, and if you can't feel anything, upgrade! Hope this helps.

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
Future mods:Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts