B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, my car was the prototype for the PTI turbo SE. Jamie did an awesome job on my car and has been great to work with. Boost starts at around 2000rpm reaching about 7psi and pulls really really hard. It doesn't seem like the same car anymore, its a total monster now. and according to Jamie, I should get about another 25hp after it gets dyno tuned. Needless to say, im really happy with the work he did. This is definatly and high quality kit. And to prove it, here are some pictures!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
the only thing I don't like is the intercooler piping for the front mount intercooler the piping hangs to low in the front of the car, and that setup on my car would definately reek bad things, cause the piping would scrape badly, I've got 15 inch rims with a 2 inch drop!!

·
Registered
869 Posts
wow that is really nice!! Keep me posted as far as if he is going to start producing. depending on the miles on the car i may put that in there.

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
Wow....I'm not only speechless , I'm jealous as hell . ;) Incredible looking . Great job Powertech Imports . :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Very nice~! they did a good job. have fun with ur SR20DE"T".

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thomas, Thanks for the props and glad you like the kit.
For the I/C piping we tried everything to keep it tight but the fog lights make it almost impossible. We even tried the over the top piping on the fogs but it was too tight of a bend. If the pipes are actually trimmed and played with they could come up 1". The car actually suprised us with teh T3/4 on how fast and early it makes boost. The kit utilizes the stock fans with very minor trimming.
FOr Price and any questions please feel free to email us
[email protected]
Jamie :)

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
It looks like he has been "enjoying" his kit at high speeds.....I like how you have all those murdered bugs on your bumper/ic. :D
Looks nice though, I cant wait till mines done.

Does the SE kit not require immediate tuning (like the QR)?

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
i see that your plate says Alta Nissan, must have been a hell of a drive :eek:

·
Registered
331 Posts
we street tune the kits within the 10.9-11.3 a/f area before it left. We use the EFI wide band and it has done us very well with all our builds. We tested it about 2years ago against a Dynojet and were within 2% of the dyno A/F ratio.
We would have dynoed tuned it but time permitted us to use the street tune and he did drive it 17hrs home. Dyno is also 8hrs away for us

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
u12bnextsentra said:
we street tune the kits within the 10.9-11.3 a/f area before it left. We use the EFI wide band and it has done us very well with all our builds. We tested it about 2years ago against a Dynojet and were within 2% of the dyno A/F ratio.
We would have dynoed tuned it but time permitted us to use the street tune and he did drive it 17hrs home. Dyno is also 8hrs away for us
i have the same drive as he does when i want to get this kit, so im guessin its definately reliable to drive for 17 hrs straight (with few gas stops,etc)

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
The one thing that is stopping me from wanting to buy this kit , isn't my automatic tranny ( Torque convertor & custom valve bodies don't worry me )....it's the fact us automatic SE people are LSD-less , and any F/I FWD setup by all means needs an LSD of some sort . Just ask the 03' SRT-4 guys . :D That is the one thing holding me back from actually going forth in the research realm , and turboing my existing RR SR20DE . :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
u12bnextsentra said:
Are you sure it was 17hrs? By the looks of the install, and the apparent grin from the results, my guess is that he made it in half the time.!!! :D

·
Registered
386 Posts
Welcome to the Boosted PTI Family.

Shane

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
Whoa!

I hate you, in the friendliest, most awed/jealous sortof way possible ;)
Seriously, bro- take care of it; your car is a gem.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts