B15 Sentra Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts
diwun67 said:
Get some 1/4 mile runs, break some 12's for God's sake!! Someone in a QR25 has to :) Good job

Werd! Congrats on the install. Specs w/ 250+whp are quite impressive. :D I might be in VA beach this fall...if so we'll have to plan a meet so I can see this beast. :cool:

Discussion starter · #43 ·
I just talked to Jamie. The RPM's being off as they were due to a bad RPM signal off of my SAFC RPM line will affect the horsepower. This is a 300+ WHP car as it is now.
Thats F*cking insane

The track is two hours away, I doubt I'll be running anytime soon. I dont have a clutch, or slicks. I'm not really into numbers and such. I dont care what it runs at the track to be honest, but I'll probably end up going this fall just to see.

SpeC-V_Freak said:
I just talked to Jamie. The RPM's being off as they were due to a bad RPM signal off of my SAFC RPM line will affect the horsepower. This is a 300+ WHP car as it is now.
Thats F*cking insane

The track is two hours away, I doubt I'll be running anytime soon. I dont have a clutch, or slicks. I'm not really into numbers and such. I dont care what it runs at the track to be honest, but I'll probably end up going this fall just to see.
Um... if this really is the case then you need to turn the boost down...well..unless you want to go BOOM! :eek: :(

Discussion starter · #45 ·
Well that would be the case if I was driving it really hard and to redline. I'm not. It hit 10 PSI right at redline on the dyno. I havent seem my boost gauge go over 6 PSI.
I wish I could have turned the boost down, the wastegate is on the lowest possible boost setting as it is. Jamie is having a new custom one sent out and a manual boost controller so I can turn it down. (all in original post)

SpeC-V_Freak said:
Well that would be the case if I was driving it really hard and to redline. I'm not. It hit 10 PSI right at redline on the dyno. I havent seem my boost gauge go over 6 PSI.
I wish I could have turned the boost down, the wastegate is on the lowest possible boost setting as it is. Jamie is having a new custom one sent out and a manual boost controller so I can turn it down. (all in original post)
What size spring is on the turbo now?

Discussion starter · #47 ·
It wont adjust below 10 PSI at redline now. Its because of the new turbo housing garrett started using....

You gotta love the irony of this....

Guys with sport compacts are all striving for more and more power. Buying parts, hoping to eek out that last bit of power.
Finally, you get it. Then, it's too much for your motor to handle. Gotta hand it to Nissan on this one. Built an engine that breathes better than the SR20, but can handle 65% of the power that it can handle.

yeah, but the better head design and bigger displacement allows this crazy kind of power out of the engine that you just can't match with an SR20. try 10psi on a gt28rs on an SR20....you won't get any 310whp !

hell, my QG might even flow better than an SR20, but the lack of displacement hurts me :(

chimmike said:
yeah, but the better head design and bigger displacement allows this crazy kind of power out of the engine that you just can't match with an SR20. try 10psi on a gt28rs on an SR20....you won't get any 310whp !

hell, my QG might even flow better than an SR20, but the lack of displacement hurts me :(

EXACTLY.... the QR is lightyears ahead of the SR in terms of cylinder head flow. This is how we made 330whp at 10.5psi on Dion's car! I can't wait to see what Norlandt's car will do with the GT30R @ 25psi. Oh my... :)

Travis

Discussion starter · #54 · (Edited)
Trav4011 said:
That kind of power is not smart on a stock bottom end.. I don't know why the turbo was sent with that high of a wastgate actuator. Consider yourself lucky that your motor is still in one piece.....

Travis
Garrett is using a new housing on the new (GT28RS, GT2871 etc) turbo's now. This NEVER should have happened. Jamie had a custom WG (5 PSI Spring) fabbed up for me and is sending me a boost controller to go along with it.
I'll be fine as I am not beating the Sh*t out of it. The most I've seen on my boost gauge is 5-6 PSI.

Discussion starter · #57 ·
Running SAFC2 for \a/f management and on 93 oct pump gas.

Discussion starter · #58 ·
Original Mr Sentra said:
Damn nice numbers for 10 psi, but damn be careful! :) My turboed B15 is teh scuk. :D

LOL I will man thanks.

i would worry about it

was that supposed to be i would or wouldnt worry about it?

my_specv03 said:
i have 30k miles on my car do you think ill be cool with the stock internals? im kinda confused on what to think.
Dude 30K on your motor is not much, trust me, it's still relatively new. If my motor wasn't burning oil @ 73K miles and if I had the money, I'd consider turbo as well

41 - 60 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.