B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wassup Guys. Im New To The Whole Racing Scene. I Just Got My Spec In March And I Wanted To Know If I Have To Make Any Mods Before Putting In A Turbo Kit. If So Which Ones? Also, Would It Be A Good Idea To Make My Car Have Dual Exhausts Wit A Turbo Kit? And How Much Does An Awesome Kit Go For? And I Mean Top Of The Line Kit. Thamks For The Help

·
Registered
827 Posts
1st, SR20dee is my favorite moderator in the whole world.

2nd, no you don't have to make any mods. And right now there are 3 options you have for turboing your car. 1. PTI's kit, www.powertechimports.com 2. FI-R (trav's kit) www.fi-r.com or 3. custom. Prices vary depending on what you want to do. Expect to pay around 4k tho at least.

3rd, dual exhausts? what do you mean? have you studied the exhaust system of our car? no, it's not necessary, but it's reccomended to upgrade your cat-back.

4th, for any other questions about turboing the QR25 (I assume you have a Spec) do a little searching cuz there are a TON of topics on it. ;)

·
★★★★★
8,477 Posts
havok247 said:
1st, why does every word in your post have a capital letter? that would take forever for me to do ;)
it's cause he was typing in all caps but the filter thing fixed it thank god

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
If I were to go the turbo route, these are the things I would get before the turbo goes in:

Balance SHaft removal kit
JWT Cams
Motor mounts / Inserts
Short Shifter (not nessesary)
Full Synthetic tranny fluid (makes things much better)
A nice soft break in period. :D

·
Spec V Out - Legacy In!
1,099 Posts
If you want to pay an arm and a leg for the Nismo name have at it, but you can get better products for cheaper amounts.

·
Registered
827 Posts
not if you're going turbo. the only mods you can buy that are Nismo that would help you out then are: 1. Nismo Cams and 2. Nismo SS. And I'd get the JWT cams over the Nismo ones (cheaper and arguably more whp) and who cares who makes the SS as long as they don't suck :p.

And Nismo products are generally overpriced (you pay for the name) if you're gonna go turbo (and you're sure about it) don't waste your money on boltons you're gonna have to get rid of L8R and loose money ;)

·
wanna be car guy
542 Posts
lawngn0mex said:
If I were to go the turbo route, these are the things I would get before the turbo goes in:

Balance SHaft removal kit
JWT Cams
Motor mounts / Inserts
Short Shifter (not nessesary)
Full Synthetic tranny fluid (makes things much better)
A nice soft break in period. :D
Good advice right here. In my completely uninformed opinion the Balance shaft removal is a must with turbo. Why? Search for that anser please, you'll learn more that way :)

edit: Also there is an AAI turbo kit (i think the car is still running well)

·
Registered
827 Posts
serjunky said:
edit: Also there is an AAI turbo kit (i think the car is still running well)
He sold his kit, but the person who bought it seems happy (I think). Also, ppl seem to have more trouble getting in contact w/ AAI than w/ Trav so I didn't put them down. (also since only one person has the kit) ;)

·
wanna be car guy
542 Posts
havok247 said:
He sold his kit, but the person who bought it seems happy (I think). Also, ppl seem to have more trouble getting in contact w/ AAI than w/ Trav so I didn't put them down. (also since only one person has the kit) ;)
Good to know thanx

·
Registered
557 Posts
svrspec04 said:
I was thinking about going all the way with nismo if i made any mods. Is this a good idea?
Remember you don't want to add anything that you will have to take off once the turbo goes in...
Header,
Intake,
Especially...

Oops havok beat me to it :D

·
Registered
631 Posts
to do a serious QR25 turbo project....talk to Trav4011

for an engine that can put down over 400whp all day long, be prepared to spend around $4000 for all the engine work, and another $3000 - $4000 for the turbo kit (assuming you install it yourself)....then, for engine management (since you CANT use the stock setup for all that)..either a b14 ecu conversion and a JWT ecu (close to $1000 all together, plus 2-5 months turn around time)...or a full standalone (im personally going with the AEM EMS when it comes out, but since they dont make one for the QR25, you'd prob have to get a TEC3 or Haltech, which when all's said and done, is another $2000, plus prob another $1000-1500 for dyno/tuning.

its BIG money. especially on the QR25 (since the block really oughta be sleeved if you want to run alot of boost, plus the pistons / rods available for it are only available through travis right now, and they're prototypes i think? so they arent cheap)

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
how will a b14 ecu conversion work on a QR?

·
Registered
631 Posts
theres a thread around here somewhere to do a b15->b14 conversion, to make the harnesses work.

*edit*

bah... i just realized i forgot we're talking about a QR25 here

forget it. standalone is your only option

1 - 15 of 15 Posts