B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know what difference you guys noticed before and after you installed your amps.

For example clearness, loudness and quality

·
NISMOnkey
1,015 Posts
Yes, yes, and yes. =)

I really can't see any cons to an amp of decent quality aside from:
1) added weight
2) added cost versus not having an amp
3) desire to buy more car audio equipment to power w/said amp

·
I'm with your mom
1,540 Posts
amp = bass
no amp = no bass
nuff said :D

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
depends on the amp....

the down side is cost.....depending on what route you're going....

cost of good amp=$700-$1200
cost of noise pollution ticket=$50-$120
cost of enjoying clear loud music=PRICELESS

·
Registered
631 Posts
2001 SE #2 said:

jesus, where do you shop? Do-me-in-da-butt & Co.?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
man, adam i dont know why, but i literally fell off the chair when i read that

·
Just 35 more...
2,296 Posts
2001 SE #2 said:

nah, some people overpaid and the only thing they have left is either a superiority complex or a strong desire to attempt a justification for all the money spent. Usually can't tell the two situations apart :)

But on a sadder note, I think the gain stage of my amp is going out :( Probably a short on the board making it go to infinate amplification so I'm clipping the ever loving hell out of my speakers.

·
<< MiSo, on theVboard >>
357 Posts
pros = music sounds good

cons = wallet takes a BIG hit, plus time invested to put everyting in/fabricate things ; unless you pay someone to install your stuff, then wallet takes an even bigger hit

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
2001 SE #2 said:

a good quality amp that will last a long time costs a pretty penny....I'm talking an amp that will power almost any speaker...sound good with no distortion and not have problems like gain controls breaking or the amp dieing.....

a buddy of mine had his set up for like 4 years without a single problem (until his new car explain further down) he had a RF power 800 powering an infinity kappa perfect 10" he ran that set up for over 4 years with out a single problem and no distortion....However, when he moved the system to his 2000 grand prix GTP he hooked it up to his stock head unit and all the distortion from the hi-level inputs blew the **** out of the speaker...but the amp is still in great working order!!

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
SPECSen said:
a good quality amp that will last a long time costs a pretty penny....I'm talking an amp that will power almost any speaker...sound good with no distortion and not have problems like gain controls breaking or the amp dieing.....

yeah, but we're talking $3-400 MAX for a good quality amp that will last a long time
and RF amps are no where near that expensive, if he actually paid that much it brings me back to the question in my first post.

Expect to spend about $0.80-1.00 per watt for a front stage amp, and around $0.20-0.50 per watt for a mono sub amp.

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Well some people have no internet...even today....so the local stereo shop is their only place to buy stuff :)

·
Registered
631 Posts
pugnex said:
Well some people have no internet...even today....so the local stereo shop is their only place to buy stuff :)

kinda redundant though. if he can post on forums, he can research on the web.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.