B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
So if I'm reading this correctly, then they will bolt in the place of our stock shocks AND springs? Or is it struts and springs?

Anyway, how's the quality of their product?

·
Registered
222 Posts
How much $$$$$$ are we talkin here Chino???;)

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they are full coilover, which means shorten threded shock body and the spring height is adjustable. they will go for aroung 1600.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well this is very good news even though i don't own a B15 (yet!). The new SE-R has the same chasis so the coilovers would also work for the '02s correct? I hope so becuase a drop is in need for the SE-R and the only setup that i would put in would be a true coilover systems with the shortened struts and everything. So this coilover system will also be for the '02s becuase they are still the B15 chasis right? Someone please reassure me of this!! If so this is great news :D BTW Chino are you planning on getting them?

G

·
Yes, the '02's will be B15's aswell. These should fit the Se-r just fine.

From what I understand, the Progress coilovers are somewhat unique in that their spring rates are *less* than that of the stocker springs. They have aluminum strut bodies, and are camber adjustable which is also cool.

B G Suspension also has a coilover kit for us. Both are high quality units. One of our list members will have the BG kit installed shorty. I can't wait to hear what improvements it makes.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm still deciding. i've driven many cars with progress coilovers and i love it. i never driven a car with b&g b4, but i know that they are good.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Maybe I didn't read enough into these posts, but what are the differences (better/worse) between the Progress and B&G coilovers? I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the B&G's, read some really good reviews about their hardware.

G

·
B+G seem to have taken a different approach to their coilovers than Progress did. This is all second hand info., but apparently the spring rates are much stiffer on the BG setup. Also, BG uses speed sensitive valving, so that the strut valving changes depending on road/driving conditions. The progress setup uses a more traditional manually adjustable setup. The Progress setup uses an aluminum strut body, where as the BG coilover uses a treated steel strut body. The Progress unit will allow for adjustable camber....I don't know if the BG coilover will. The Progress coilover is also rebuildable. I don't believe the BG is.

The progress coilover seems to be more "streetable" due to the lower spring rates, but since no one has either coilover installed yet, its premature to say which one is better.

Both companies have a good reputation for producing a quality part. Both will be roughly the same price, but I think the Progress coilovers will be a bit more expensive judging from the costs of their other applications.

·
Registered
647 Posts
i cant believe this back,... haha they never will make one, plus i wouldnt buy them. RSX is the base project car that co. started out with and ppl at Rsxclubs hate their coilovers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts