B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
whoopdi doo...
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

K, I have an 03 Spec V with about 17,600 miles on it. Whenever it has run for about 3 minutes, if i push the accelerator in neutral it will make a semi-loud metallic clicking/rubbing whenever the rpms are dropping, about 2500-1500 rpm. It seems to be coming from the drivers side, Im not sure if its my tranny or not.

To top it off, whenever im driving in 1st and 2nd gear, whenever it is put into high rpms (above 3500) it will start making a sound like air is leaking out of something at a very high rate of speed...

oh and lets not forget that the SES light popped on yesterday too...

Had the car 4 days now, and im already losing my mind trying to fix it, can anyone give me suggestions as to what is wrong or how to fix???

·
whoopdi doo...
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hehe, so i took it to the dealership today...Apparently the guy who owned it before i did, paid zero attention to the recalls, my catalytic converter apparently was destroyed causing tremendous back pressure on my engine, needless to say, warranty just bought me a new engine :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
good for you buddy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well, your luck couldn't get better than that.... best part is that now you get to start off with a brand new and fresh engine to work with for the future.

-Alex B.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts