B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I 'd ask in case I do need a new one...

The Story:
When I relocated the secondary O2 I did a quick splice job using butt connectors and recently one of the wires has come loose and started sparking out... I'm going to do it right this time and solder the wire but I need the price of a new O2 sensor just in case I did blow this one...

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was maybe thinking about even going with the UEGO system,, but I've heard many bad things about it as a replacement...

$60 for the Bosch doesn't sound that bad....

·
Lower than u will ever be
622 Posts
I got quoted $180 for the first one and $90 for the second from auto zone!!! I haven't looked around to see if I can find em cheaper but I think my second one needs replacing.

·
Registered
386 Posts
How much does the dealership sell them for? Whenever I go to autozone or any autostore they don't have any info on Sentras past 2001. I wonder when they'll update their computers?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got one for a 2001 Altima from Auto Zone and it works fine. My SES light is gone and I haven't had any problems since. Plus it's a lifetime warranty so if it goes out again you can get another one FREE!!! And it only cost about $65.00. Let me know if you want the part number...I'll have to find it at home.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update:
I fixed the wiring problem but the bogging down is still occuring before the car fully warms up... I'll give it a few days for the ECU to re-learn but I think I'll have to get a new one...

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Shaved01SE said:
I got quoted $180 for the first one and $90 for the second from auto zone!!! I haven't looked around to see if I can find em cheaper but I think my second one needs replacing.
http://www.oxygensensorwholesale.com/nissan_2000_sentra.html

The one at the very bottom of the page is the "universal" one I used for my rear O2 sensor. It comes with the solderless connectors.

BTW, DO NOT buy the sensor that is the second one from the bottom! I purchased that one and they sent me the wrong sensor, TWICE! They obviously do not carry the correct OEM replacement for the 2.0L motor!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope,, no listing for 2.5L...

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Ash33 said:
Nope,, no listing for 2.5L...
Sorry, I was talking to Shaved01SE in the above post. I have not seen a listing for the QR25 sensor. It seems that your local Autozone/Pepboys would be your best bet.

You can also try rock auto, they might have a sensor for your car. I am in the process of formatting my hard drive, so I don't have support for JAVA at this time to check for you.

http://www.rockauto.com/

·
Lower than u will ever be
622 Posts
One more quick O2 question. My bro in-law has a couple brand new Bosch Universal O2 sensors he said I can have if I want but he got them for his 89 Integra and I want to know since they're universal will they still work and can I just splice the wires with mine or am I SOL and have to go buy some???

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My JAVA isn't loading that site correctly... Oh well...

From my experience,, most O2 sensors are the same size,, they just read a little differently... I believe a univeral will work fine since the ECU is "self- learning"... I could be wrong though...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts