Gatineau Dirties? Where?
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the dealership called this morning
Nissan Canada gave them the ok
They'll be replacing the long block on my car

03 SpecV 48850KM
Aug or Sept 02 build date

Cause: Precat broke apart and got sucked into the engine scoring the cylinder walls << never heard of that before :eek: :p

Hey Nissan, that Precat\ ECU re-flash recall you did a couple of months ago worked GREAT ;)

BTW
No problems with any of the Butterfly screws
they where all tight with a hint of loctite on them :cool:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Phill did'nt you have a header installed a while back? did I miss something?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Phill The Thril said:
Well the dealership called this morning
Hey Nissan, that Precat\ ECU re-flash recall you did a couple of months ago worked GREAT ;)
You are one of many that had the cat fail after the recall. It seems it was only meant to slow down the break-up, not completely prevent it

·
Registered
323 Posts
Does this pre-cat issue happen to everybody? Some don't have a problem, some do. I guess its the way you drive? I just don't get it. If they make the car in one place and use the same header, wouldn't there be a worldwide recall? This might be a batch of header issue?

·
Gatineau Dirties? Where?
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RACEFACE said:
Does this pre-cat issue happen to everybody? Some don't have a problem, some do. I guess its the way you drive? I just don't get it. If they make the car in one place and use the same header, wouldn't there be a worldwide recall? This might be a batch of header issue?
Ya it must be the way I drive?? :rolleyes:

·
SER Mod Father
3,419 Posts
I had precat failure during breakin period on mine (header went on at 2000kms, ie as soon as HS made it). Sorry to hear this Phil, no hard time from Nissan?

·
Gatineau Dirties? Where?
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
chillboy said:
I had precat failure during breakin period on mine (header went on at 2000kms, ie as soon as HS made it). Sorry to hear this Phil, no hard time from Nissan?
MOUHAHAHAH :p
Of course they tried to give me a hard time.....
The tech kept saying it's normal for Nissan engines to go through 2 liters + of oil between oil changes...... :rolleyes:
Problem was I couldn't go 5000-6000KM
I was loosing a liter of oil every 1000KM :eek:
hahaha
Ask me if I'll buy another Nissan?? I dare ya... :p ;)

·
F*ck You Hippies
525 Posts
ah yes yet another tech genius ...where do they hire these guys honeslty??? cause 90% of us could be doing a much better job for nissan than these clowns

·
Registered
706 Posts
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
is it me or do you have less hp and tq.. with ur two mods... then when u first started out??? :eek: ^^^^
My car was pwned by the knock sensor

·
Registered
706 Posts
RACEFACE said:
They never recalled the cat, they just reprogrammed the ECU. You only got a new cat if your's was damaged. Same cat from the factory, did nothing.

Has nothing to do with the header

·
Gatineau Dirties? Where?
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AztecRed SE-R said:
They never recalled the cat, they just reprogrammed the ECU. You only got a new cat if your's was damaged. Same cat from the factory, did nothing.

Has nothing to do with the header
Actually they changed \added an extra heat shield to the precat

·
Registered
293 Posts
Cat Breaking Up??

Never heard of that happening ever :rolleyes: :confused:
The only thing that concerns me is i may be driving a ticking time-bomb. But when i asked both Tony Graham Nissan and 417 Nissan about putting a Nismo header on, both said my engine warranty would be gone if anything happened to the engine. Butttt.... leaving the precat the way it is leaves me very concerned, but at least i have warranty if it goes boom. I would rather save the engine by putting a header on, but i really don't want the hassle incase something happens to the engine and we all know the dealers will point their fingers at the header for the cause of any and everything that may happen to the drivetrain. FAWKERS!!! :mad:

On a side-note, i really love my spec-v and if the precat doesn't take a shiit before the warranty goes.... i will be putting a header on at the 100,000km mark.

·
Gatineau Dirties? Where?
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Well the new engine went in friday :D
Brought it to my father shop so I could inspect the car
Well it looks like the tech damaged the oil pan when he installed the engine :mad: I'll be calling them this afternoon so they can replace it.
But other then that the car runs great, actually it's never run better :D
I have'nt gunned yet but I can tell theres deffinatly more power
It idles it soo much, the car used to shake like a MOFO (I have MM inserts)
and no more burnt smell :cool:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts