B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I've decided I want to get a CAI before I have the race against my roommie. so which one should i get?? i think maxximtl had a really tough time with his, anyone else?? I'd really hate for one person having a bad CAI to turn me away from a good product.

------------------
Jaded 2000 SE with Performance Package. ABS, Side Air-bags, in cabin microfilter, and PIAA headlights.

Thinking about:
Hotshot or PR CAI
Stromung Cat-back

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
I would expect similar performance from each CAI. Only reason why I got the PR CAI instead of the Hotshot was cuz Place Racing is like 15 minutes away from my house. :D

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ some stuff...
Desperately seeking an SOHC VTEC... yes, I'm serious.

·
Registered
347 Posts
it seems that PR is out of all colors but red and hot****s doesnt fit right. I was thinking about getting one, but I dont have time to get screwed. Do a search on each and you will see what I'm talking about.

------------------
2001 GXE
from a i4.0 to a 1.8?
oh well

·
Registered
297 Posts
get the HotShot, it is great, I really recommend it, I have one of the first ones they made and the fitment was perfect, but in the new ones the hole is already cut out for you, so it should be an easy bolt-on, on my car it took about 20min maybe less to intall even with having to drill a 5/8" hole. well the quality is good in the Hotshot, and the fitment is just right. No cutting or anything of the fenderwell involved, before you stick the intake in make sure you put some rubber type material on the fenderwell so the intake does not scratch. mine is soo scratched it's not even funny, but if it does get scratched like mine, the scratches are not visible so it's ok anywho, ok hope this helps. I don't know anything about the PR CAI but I heard that it is good too.

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust(on its way over here), and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in a couple of weeks) [email protected]

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I am in no way trying knock down anyone but this is what I've seen from pictures and general info on the two of them I noticed that The Place Racing CAI seems to have better quality over the Hotshot just by looking at Maxx's and a few other pics I've seen of the Hotshot,,,for example the welds around all the nipples are cleaner,the powdercoating as well.... Like I said I am in no way trying to bash anyone but thats why I decided to go with the Place Racing CAI myself,,,,,Just my .02 cents

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI
*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS* ***My Website***

·
Registered
297 Posts
I respect that, very nice subtle comment with no aggressive tone. you should try being a Journalist. :)

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust(on its way over here), and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in a couple of weeks) [email protected]

·
Registered
259 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sinner:
Do a search on each and you will see what I'm talking about.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

your sins have been forgiven! the search function is a great tool.

------------------
MY PAGE
WAIT! USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

G

·
I think by now everyone knows my position on the Hotshot. I was not impressed by any aspect of the quality Hotshot put into this intake.

I believe that in efforts to meet a rising demand, Hotshot's build quality has gone downhill. Robert has all but admitted this to me on the phone. He has told me that because they have to rush these orders out, they really don't know if the parts are right.

In fact, Chino said Hotshot sent out B15 CAI's BEFORE test fitting them on a test car. That doesn't impress me at all.

Go with the Place Racing Intake. It's of better quality and you can get it now. WHo knows when hotshot will have them available.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Ghetto airbox...Zip ties and all!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

·
Registered
605 Posts
gonna install the hotshot this weekend, will tell you when I do.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have a Hotshot intake installed on my car. It fit fine and I had no problems with it. They are both the same...just go with the one that you can get a better price on.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i personally have the Hotshot CAI.... i think i might have been the first one to recieve it (might), i got it for the intro deal for $585.00 header too. install took about 45 minutes total....(had to drill hole at a later time after initial install). Fits fine, no cutting needed in the fenderwell....... took forever to come though... and still waiting for the header.... if impactpartsplus has them still, get Hotshot, if you can get it cheaper from PR.... go PR.... they are the same deal from what i hear..... but from the Hotshot end...... this thing kicks ***!!! pulls so nice..... already killed a few hatches and a couple of toyo trucks.....

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter - Smoke Side Markers
SDsr20de858 pics

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Akebono:
Okay, I've decided I want to get a CAI before I have the race against my roommie. so which one should i get?? i think maxximtl had a really tough time with his, anyone else?? I'd really hate for one person having a bad CAI to turn me away from a good product.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would call both for availibility of what exactly what you want, and go with the person who gives you a better price/customer service. As I know of it right now, both CAI's are great, revamped on some fitment issues, but ready to please. So...do the search thing, but just call them. I know you'll end up getting the one you feel more comfortable getting anyways. :)

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder
Future mods:pR CAI, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2k1DragSentra:
I respect that, very nice subtle comment with no aggressive tone. you should try being a Journalist. :)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Why thank Ya but I'd be the one knocking out those loud mouth celebrities when they put thier hands in front of the camera or push the camera :D

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI
*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS* ***My Website***

·
Registered
124 Posts
my hotshot is hot**** if you ask me.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SE-R
Custom 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot Cold Air Intake, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys (2set), Nis-knacks clear corners, timing at 19 degrees, Hotshot header(installing this week)
aim Stea1th727

·
Registered
605 Posts
I just tried to put the hotshot CAI in and I had some problems. The MAF is the wrong size, just as Max says. I am going to call robert on monday and ask for a replacement intake. If the replacement piece dosen't work, i will just get a refund.

I got a problem with that refund thing that I need your help on. I bought the intake from Importpartsplus, so I can't get a refund directly from hotshot. What I was thinking of doing was returning the intake to ipp and pay the 15%. Write hotshot to give me a rembursement for the 15%. If they don't give it to me, then I will just call the BBB(better business bureau). I am just hoping that they send me a new piece and the install goes fine. I Should have bought place racing.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

G

·
Good luck on a replacement. It will take you 1~2 weeks to get it. They don't have any more in stock. So, we will have to wait for new ones to be made.

I don't know how any of you guys could support Hotshot. Honestly, after the crap they have put a couple of us through, there is no reason why they deserve business from any of us.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Ghetto airbox...Zip ties and all!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Damn maxx the sagga continues.....

It never ends it seems..But not to be an *** about hotshot but all I have to say is I ordered my Place Racing CAI and about a week later it came in and 3-4 days later it was installed without a problem at all.....

------------------

MODS:
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175" TARGET=_blank>*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*
</A> ***My Website***

1 - 17 of 17 Posts