B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finished the install on Friday. Here are the pics.
I was pretty anal about it (no comment Lee! :D), so I cut the hole, filed it to a factory edge, and primed it and painted
it, before putting on the piece of edge rubber that PR supplied. I also like a quiet car, so I put dyno mat around the hole, and sprayed rubberized undercoating in the fender well. I also had to make up a cheap bracket to support the CAI. I love it! I can't hear it at all until I smash the gas, and then I hear a kick *** growl.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Very nice man, I hope you enjoy it, I know I am. I wasn't very anal about anything, so lets see how long it takes before rust starts to develop. :D

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Looks good man:)
Ah I like the bracket,,does it help cut down on the movement???

I still gotta do mine:D

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SS,

Yeah, the thing doesn't move at all. That bolt location
is from the stock air box, so it works well.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Kevin C.---'01 SR20DE said:
What type of filter comes w/ it? K&N?
Yes the PR comes with a K&N,,,HS don't...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Very nice, thanks for the pics. Do you have any shots from underneath where the filter is? I would like to see where exactly it ends up. I would really like to do this on my car, but I'm still worried about the whole water issue.

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
UtahJ said:
Well, I finished the install on Friday. Here are the pics.
I was pretty anal about it (no comment Lee! :D), so I cut the hole, filed it to a factory edge, and primed it and painted
it, before putting on the piece of edge rubber that PR supplied. I also like a quiet car, so I put dyno mat around the hole, and sprayed rubberized undercoating in the fender well.

dear mr. freshmaker:

who me? what could i say? ;)

dynomat? hmm, good idea J. i also painted where i trimmed the fender. maybe it's a 30's anal tendency. we are some of the oldest ones here. does your back hurt like mine did after being hunched over all that time? :D

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
puckfreak, I should have taken pics from underneath when I did the install, but I didn't. It's kind of a pain to
get at the filter now, since you have to remove part of
the fenderwell cover. Sorry. I wouldn't worry about
the water... like everyone says, you'd have to drive
through a 2-3 foot deep puddle to get any water into the
filter area.

Lee, Don't even get me started about my back. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts