B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any GXE owners interested in going in on a group deal for a PR CAI in the near future? I just gotta get my bling bling level up a bit and in like 2 weeks I can do it. thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm in, let me know what happens. Also, I called Place Racing, and their prices are as follows:

Red/Yellow/Blue CAI: $199 USD

Silver CAI: $219 USD

The yellow is the only one available right now. Within a week, should have Blue, then another week, red. In 4 weeks, silver batch should be done. Silver is most popular.

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I'd like red, simply cause it looks cool and another reason is it's a lot cheaper! so I'll get Red for the 1.8L......if you want I can keep tally. I figure if we all order the colors we can get a great deal. I don't have the cash yet, but in like 2 weeks I'll have it, so however anyone wants to work this.

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, i don't know how you'd want to work this...or how it would work...if i sent you cash or something and you paid for it or we just send it to them when we get it, and have a group rate # or something. ya,,,,I'll need one for the GXE. A red one, cause it's cheap. thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
i'd be interested in a blue one =]

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, is this correct so far? 1 red for '01 GXE 1.8L, 1 (no color yet) for 2000, '01 SE, and 1 blue for a 99 1.6L ????

·
Registered
32 Posts
The cai is the same for the b14 and b15 se's? You think they would still get that group deal for the 2.0? I would go with red on my car.

·
Registered
0 Posts
is this place racing cai for the 95-99 sentra too? and if so i would like the red one too? so count me in.

thank

·
Registered
268 Posts
if they will do a GD on the 1.8L, then i think it doesn't really matter if you have the 2.0 or 1.8....I got mine from a GB held by lots of other Maxima and Altima guys just a few weeks ago.....

oh and just go the CAI installed....its great and you guys should get it....:p and they just have the 1.8L MAF setting....so it is definitely the right time....

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK< ATTENTION PLEASE.....this is a group order for 2000+ Sentra CAI's, cause PR is the only one who makes them for us so far....any of you pre2000 sentra owners have more choices, and we don't want to confuse the heck out of PR by ordering ones for 2.0's, 1.8's, AND 1.6's. We're doing a group deal for 1.8's and 2.0's, sorry, so set your own group deal thing up if you want a CAI for your pre2000 Sentra, thanks, and sorry again.

·
Registered
32 Posts
so does that mean the pre 2000 sr20's arent in it nor do they qualify? are they different? Dont haze me for askin

·
Registered
246 Posts
chimmike - don't know if you have checked into this, but I called Place Racing today, and asked them about group buys. They said that they only do one per year, and they have already done it in 2001.

I reserved my silver CAI today, don't think the group buy is going to happen.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Jesse Jericho said:
chimmike - don't know if you have checked into this, but I called Place Racing today, and asked them about group buys. They said that they only do one per year, and they have already done it in 2001.

I reserved my silver CAI today, don't think the group buy is going to happen.
Well, I headed up the group buy this year, and yes, they aren't doing another one in a long while. The reason behind this is because quite frankly they have retailers that get mad when they sell directly to us for a cheaper price the retailers sell them for. Gilbert was very happy to do the GD, but he said that another definitely wouldn't fly anytime soon. I would totally front the money if you had it to get the CAI, because in my opinion, it's definitely worth the money.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Uhh just asking again..... 99 2.0 sr20de? included or no? Same engine. And if you get the cai once you get a turbo setup either a det or fmax or redline t bo can you still uise the cai?

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok man, well thanks for letting me know.....and how much are they charging you for the silver one?

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Also, if you search for my group deal from the beginning of this year, I ended up getting orders for EVERY Sentra application under the sun to get a total of 22 orders(I believe two fell through at the end), with the cap at 15 orders for 25% off, plus a shipping discount. Not too bad, but like I said before, hook up with one if you have the funds, you won't go wrong! :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts