B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got the PR CAI for the SE and attemeted to install it yesterday. if youi dont know nothing about cars, i recomennd a professeional, but anyway, it fits perfect for all the 1.8L GXE's out there. am i the first GXE to have a CAI or am i not? there will be some modding to do like where this black center piece we have that connects to teh sivler piece with four bolts, it dousnt match so the guy cut off the or sawed off the black part right where the 4 bolts would go. that was pretty much it. I RECOMMEND THE PR CAI FOR EVERYBODY! it has a great sound, deep and I LOVE IT. allthough i have the stromung cat-back in but once hte cai was in i really could not here it anymore. but the sound coming from your caar is great! the guy told me that it was going to void my warrenty no matter what becasue is wasnt a OEM part.? contact me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Great! Looks like it's time to whip out the fantastic plastic! BTW, it will not void your cars warranty unless it has been proven to cause damage to the vehicle.

·
Registered
60 Posts
can you post some pics of what it looks like and where exactly the modding had to be done at. good stuff though, now i can get a quality CAI soon.

·
Registered
268 Posts
woohoo! way to go !!! one more mod for the gxe now...:D

i think i will place my order in one or two day.

btw NiSentraGXE2k, you got the whole stromung or only the back part? how do they sound on the 1.8L?

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Good job man, I'm really glad that it fits with no major problems. :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
lets see some pics...did the pr people cut that black thing off or did u get someone else to do it... cuz i want to order one that is all ready to be installed...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, i have one question about this. before i took off my stock air box there was this black hose that was hooked onteh end and it was just hanging thre. it wasnt even connected to teh stock air box or anything, i dont know what it is for? but now on my CAI there is this one thingy sticking out of teh tube but i dont know what goes on it. on the post PR CAI install PICS, posted by UtahJ, on his second picture he has, could this be it. thats what the hose looks like, a hook at the end and thats where the stick thing is to put it on but should i do this and what is that hose for? please help me before tommorrow at least. the hose seems to go all away down to a big shiny metal thingy deep into teh engine.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Thats great news that their CAI fits. Thanks for being the tester for us. I'm going to have to add that to my list of future mods.

I know the hose you are talking about. I tried to figure out what it does to. As far as I can tell, it isn't supposed to connect to anything. I guess its some kind of air vent to whatever is on the other end.

·
Registered
161 Posts
could you post some pictures of your install please, because im getting ready to buy the pr cai. also tell me anything that i need to do to get it to fit correctly

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
NiSentraGXE2k said:
ok, i have one question about this. before i took off my stock air box there was this black hose that was hooked onteh end and it was just hanging thre. it wasnt even connected to teh stock air box or anything, i dont know what it is for? but now on my CAI there is this one thingy sticking out of teh tube but i dont know what goes on it. on the post PR CAI install PICS, posted by UtahJ, on his second picture he has, could this be it. thats what the hose looks like, a hook at the end and thats where the stick thing is to put it on but should i do this and what is that hose for? please help me before tommorrow at least. the hose seems to go all away down to a big shiny metal thingy deep into teh engine.
That little tube that looks like its not connected to anything is a breather for the tranny. When you install the CAI you put that little tube on the extra outlet connected to the first section of pipe. It will probabaly slide right off so put a little tape around the tube first. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i should have some pics up by monday, (have to buy film or a disposable camera then develop them). i dont have a sep by step guide but all you really have to do is cut the black part off where the silver thingy goes whre the four bolts go because it dousnt match up. you proably have no idea what im talikg about but ill post some pics up to show u. the guy that did my install also cut two hoses where it connects to the CAI to make it fit.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks nismo girl thats exactly what i though but i didnt know if that would hurt my engine though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts