B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
:eek: you guys actually notice this? Man...I couldn't tell ya but I'll check it out manana and report back.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Actually...

My driver's side window is pretty quick...my slowest window is the passenger side rear window...that one takes forever to move!

G

·
My front windows move at about the same speed, but my rear windows are SLOW! They move at about half the speed of the front windows.

Here is my window speed list, fastest to slowest.

1. Drivers Front Window (fastest)

2. Passenger Front Window

3. Drivers Rear Window

4. Passenger Rear Window (slowest)

I drive with the windows down a lot, so it gets to be a pain in the butt. Also, would it be too much to ask for windows that go all the way down in the back?!

·
Registered
560 Posts
maximtl,
for the rear window to go down all the way means that the rear door must be wider, so that the lower part of the door can accomodate the lifting mechanism. To answer your question plainly - yes, it is too much to ask.

·
Registered
15 Posts
yeah i dunno why my front windows are different speeds.....my rear ones are the same......i think i might make all the windows automatic up/down--that would solve the problem

·
Registered
246 Posts
How do you make all of the windows automatic up/down? What kind of modification would that take. Also, if that is possible, would it be possible to make the sunroof auto??

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mine all move at the same speed. I usually put all down when I'm driving and put them all up at the same time, and they all get to the top at the same time. I wish the drivers window had one-touch up just like the down feature. I can't see how not having it saves any significant amount of money.

·
Registered
15 Posts
An Answer to Slow Windows....

The gaskets on our windows are rubber, therefore they can become "sticky".

Go to your local parts store and pick up a bottle of Spray Silicone, or some Black Magic Protectant. (not the stuff in the spray bottle, the really thick stuff in the small bottle with the flip up spout)

Do not use WD40, as this is oil based and will break down the rubber and window tint (if so equiped)

If you get the spray can, try to get one with a straw so you can reach into small spaces.

Then all you need to do is spray the edge gasket areas of all the windows very lightly, roll the windows up and down a few time to work it in, and use a rag to wipe up any excess.

Nice and slippery !!!

Stay Cool

·
Registered
35 Posts
OK guys here's the scoop. 5 out of 5 times I tried the up and down on the frt drivers side and passenger side. No diff. Same speed.

The slowest has to be the the rears by just a tick. Not much.

·
Car Noob
1,826 Posts
Same speed in pairs

I always open and close my windows in pairs, since it's easy to use two fingers to hit them both side by side simultaneous. I usually do that 'cuz it gets hot out, and I am a sucker for symetry (sp). :)

I'd roll down the first two front (and they open up the same amount), and then I'd do the back to the same amount as the front (by just looking at the rear pass so it wont distract me much from the road).

I do verify that all of them can come about the same height if done in pairs. *shrug*

The only thing I don't like is that the front windows make a CLUNK noise when you push it back up (after push it down). The dealer says that's normal. Maybe it's just the way it was mounted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts