B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Power Steering Cooler & Brackets

I'm wanting to install a power steering cooler on my car like the one in the Spec-V. All I want is the cooler tube that is in front of the radiator and it's brackets.

Does anyone know how expensive this part is to buy from the dealer?

Or if anyone is willing to sell me one, let me know a price

·
Registered
275 Posts
Doesnt exist on a SPEC V

even if it did, you dont need a cooler for its fluid...is it a race car?...nope...

if you inist, just get any generic 2-4 pass cooler. route some lines through it then thts it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll be willing to bet $100 that there is a powersteering cooler that came stock on Criosdaidhlaoch's Spec-V when he got it. At first we thought that it was an oil cooler, but then we traced the lines back to the powersteering fluid resevoir.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Spec-V designed w/ the road course / Auto cross racer in mind. wheels, suspension, "power steering cooler", Limited slip differential etc.

Being that that's the case, that is probably why it has a power steering cooler on it. Next time you go open the hood go look on the passenger side of the radiator in front and see if you see these lines in front of it, Only if you have a 2002 + spec-v of course.

I for-sure know he has one, and all I want to know is where I can get it and how much it is. Some of us will actually race our cars legally, lol :).

·
Registered
275 Posts
sorry, reason i say it doesnt exist is because i looked through the FSM regarding the steering system and it mentions NOTHING about a cooler. no lines, cooler, mounts nothing...

check for fludyne (sp?), B&M, and perma-cool for cooling products

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I did a search, and I couldn't find anything on it either. I'm trying the dealer today, but my guess is that they probably won't know either. I've got a digital pic I took yesterday, however I can't post it. I'll e-mail it to you though. Perfect fit and set-up. I just wish I could find out who or where.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
KICK *** MATT said:
Doesnt exist on a SPEC V
Ummm...Yes it does. I have a 2k3 SE-R and it certainly DOES have a p/s cooler in front of the radiator.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
KICK *** MATT said:
please read further before replying
Why? Just because three people posted the same information to you? What makes you think that those posts were there when I started typing?

Perhaps you should find out what is actually a part of someone else's car before categorically stating that it doesn't exist and drop the holier than thou attitude about the whole thing.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
YTLYTNG said:
ftanner, do you know what the part number is for that piece?

Thanks
I will look on it tonight and see if there is a part number sticker or stamp on it.

Most of the other parts in my engine compartment syill have their stickers.

·
M07S
2,422 Posts
YTLYTNG said:
Thanks man,

We couldn't find any numbers on my friends 2002 spec. I still havn't called the dealer yet, but hopefully I can get ahold of them this week sometime.
what model/yr. is your car? Just wondering? I wonder if the power steering fluid really gets that hot that we need a cooler? And why not a tranny oil cooler while they were at it???

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
YTLYTNG said:
We are looking at a 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V
Sorry. I've been a slacker dumbass and haven't looked at the cooler yet. I will look at it tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Ok....I looked at the cooler, in front of the radiators and all of the way back to the power steering pump. There are no visible numbers on it at all.

:(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts