B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wondering if someone could help me out. I was on the highway yesterday cruising about 130km/h when suddenly I lost power and my rpm fell to zero. I had to pull over and call the tow truck. Now, I have some suspicions as to what it might be, but I was wondering if anyone here would have any idea as to what it maybe wrong.

After pulling over, I tried to restart my engine. It'll crank, but won't start. I looked underneath the car and noticed a puddle of water (or whatever it is) leaking out. The leak occurred just a bit passed the tires. I'm wondering if it's a ruptured fuel line.

I checked most of the fluids in the car and it seems fine. Definitely not the radiator or the car would be smoking.

Anyway, any ideas? I got it towed back to my house and it cost me a fortune.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
how much fluid was leaking? does your gas tank seem empty, or more importantly, do you smell gas?

It could be something like a crank position sensor or cam sensor. I'm not familiar with the QG tho.

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
if you were running ac that puddle was water, normal.

sounds like the crank position sensor................that's a recall item.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lawngn0mex said:
how much fluid was leaking? does your gas tank seem empty, or more importantly, do you smell gas?

It could be something like a crank position sensor or cam sensor. I'm not familiar with the QG tho.
There wasn't very much fluid leaking. The leak seems to be watery instead of thick. Also, I didn't smell gas, so my guess could be way off.

·
Registered
243 Posts
uh, timing chain? thats right i'm a real mechanic! just kidding...

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
timing chain would've made a horrible noise and destroyed some crap. it's HIGHLY unlikely that the timing chain was a problem.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chimmike said:
if you were running ac that puddle was water, normal.

sounds like the crank position sensor................that's a recall item.
Hmm...the thing is, it still cranked, but it just won't start the car up. I'm thought the crank position sensor won't even let you crank the car? I could be (and very well be) wrong.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
o0blackout0o said:
uh, timing chain? thats right i'm a real mechanic! just kidding...
No, pretty sure it's not the timing chain...I would see damage, but there was none.

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
have the dealer check it out. Its either the crank position sensor or the cam pos sensor........most likely the crank.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
chimmike said:
timing chain would've made a horrible noise and destroyed some crap. it's HIGHLY unlikely that the timing chain was a problem.
Hey Chimmike, I didn't get the recall on the CPS. When did this happen? That's what happens when you move places and your mail gets lost lol.

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
lol......it's been around for quite a while actually. I'm not surprised that you didn't get something in the mail. Call nissan, have them pay for the tow, it's covered under the recall (or damn well better be..........60k drivetrain warranty)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the tip Chimmike. Catch ya later.

·
Registered
314 Posts
unrelated car, but my bro's 99 grand prix gt, the power just went off, everything, pull over to the side of the highway without powering steering etc, scary. Happened about 10 times (around town, couple times on highway) before the dealer could finally duplicate the problem. Twas the Crank sensor. Few hundred $ later, no more prob (luckily you got recall to back you up)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts