B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum...curious about anybody's experiences (good or bad) with a 2001 sentra. Looking at a 2001 gxe with 4,800 miles on it...listed at $13,900. Any opinions is appreciated...thanks!

G

·
Welcome To The Board!

Everyone's experiences with the B15 Sentra have been primarily good. However, there are some problem area's that seem to be popping up. The number one complaint seems to be in the paint quality. We are all getting rock chips. it seems to be more of an issue on the bumpers than anything. You might want to inspect the GXE your looking at to see if it is falling victim to this problem. Mechanically, only one person has had any type of failure (a transmission problem.)

All in all, they are good cars. The GXE has a brand new engine, so I guess you could say that it is "state of the art" as far as Nissan is concerned. It has variable valve timing, and produces abundant low end torque. Although the aftermarket isn't big for that car, it is pretty peppy even in stock trim and makes for a great daily driver.

Oh yeah, the price might be a tad high, depending on what equipment in on the car.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
NO

I don't know if this is a program car, meaning it was a lease, rental, demo or what. Someone broke this car in and it wasn't you. I bought two program cars (used). Both turned out to be good only because I limited a search to one specific carline. I thoroughly checked out at least a couple dozen and found that all but a couple had problems. My point is unless you really know what you are doing there is risk in a used car. You could bur a stripped down SE which is still more car than you are looking at-new for not a whole lot more. Drop this one like a bad habit. Really

·
Registered
783 Posts
That seems a bit high to me, unless it has something besides the convenience package. Luxury package is about 800 more, thatn there are a few little options. If it has alloy wheels it probably has the luxury package.

You should be able to get a GXE with convenience package new for that, or just a bit more, and not have to worry about potential previous abuse.

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
A used car with 4800 miles?

They either

couldn't have it - perhaps ended up being too expensive;
wouldn't have it - didn't like it, HAD TOO MANY PROBLEMS!.

Whatever the reason, it's not going to be a good one, and you shouldn't buy this car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I bought my 2001 GXE w/luxury package for a flat $13k. It was brand new and took a little bit of time haggling w/ the dealer. You really want to go with a new car since used car loans have better rates. You would end up spending more for the used car in the long run.

As for the quality, it could be better. The problems I am having are minor but could be prevented.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts