B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked the aligment on my 2002 spec v, and its fine, I just replaced the control arms, so thats fine, balancing is fine. What else might be making the car pull to the left on some roads?
I was told about 8 months that I might have radial pull but nissan said that I was crazy, after that my control arm was bent so they blamed it on that, is there any chance that maybe a bad enough radial pull could have bent my control arm?

·
spec faif
574 Posts
my spec also pulls slightly to the left, and thats from the day I bought it, it has been aligned many times and it will still pull to the left, it doesnt bother me that much...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
david_r said:
my spec also pulls slightly to the left, and thats from the day I bought it, it has been aligned many times and it will still pull to the left, it doesnt bother me that much...

this is actually really wierd, on some roadsm it goes straight and on some it pulls really hard to the left and in some it pulls lightly to the right, the fact aht it pulls really strong to the left worries me, plus thats on most roads.
I am also worried that this pulling will end up bending something again and nissan wont want to cover it.

·
Registered
513 Posts
sometimes the tires find little grooves in the road and really follow them hard my car does it

·
Registered
243 Posts
Check your tire inflation as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cburwell said:
Most roads are not perfectly flat although they appear to be. Most roads will slope to either side (Usually the side the storm drains are on). If you alignment is in check and your wheels and suspension parts are not bent don't worrk about it.
well I think it might be that, its just that most roads the water drains to the right and my car pulls to the left. I might stop by nissan on monday so that they just do a quick check if my new control arm is bent or something, god i hope not!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
mine pulls to the left when im braking. Like my stearling wheels starts turning itself....weird

·
Registered
773 Posts
ccould be tires, it helped my alignment alot. but you have to consider, if you are by yourself, all the weight is on one side of the car. put another person in the passenger seat and see if it evens out... booya!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
finally

took the car to a different aligment shop to check whats wrong, thank god they only charged me 19 bucks to tell me whats wrong.
The guys that installed my control arm didnt fully seat the ball joint correctly.
And the dumbasses that did my first aligment didnt check the camber aligment on the right side, its off by .50 i think, I would be wrong.
Now I gotta go to the first people and tell them to redo the control arm, and then I gotta go to the aligment place and tell them to redo it all, ahahahahaha, god I hate going to the mechanic, im just gonna ride my bike from now on.

·
Registered
153 Posts
z80x86 maybe on the right track.
I recently has hpracing 17x7's lighting w/ Kumho 711 installed on my '01 gxe. Discount tire put 32psi in them and I too thought I had a problem with aligment. After increasing to 40 psi on all four. The aliment is no longer a concern.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rede2roll said:
z80x86 maybe on the right track.
I recently has hpracing 17x7's lighting w/ Kumho 711 installed on my '01 gxe. Discount tire put 32psi in them and I too thought I had a problem with aligment. After increasing to 40 psi on all four. The aliment is no longer a concern.
I am so lost as to what my car should be running, I was told 35 by someone, then 40, so I had it at 40 and when I took it in for the aligment they took it down to 32.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The placard and owner's manual say the same thing for OE tires. If you have aftermarket tire you may have to try a couple of different psi setups. Plus, printed on the tire is a max cold pressure rating. My max is 44 psi.

And what this about bent controll arm? Have you been play The Dukes of Hazard again. :)

Seriously did you hit a curb or somthing?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
rede2roll said:

And what this about bent controll arm? Have you been play The Dukes of Hazard again. :)

Seriously did you hit a curb or somthing?

I hit a curb on december 23rd. Got an aligment and a rotation at a good shop, they told me my wheel was bent. Had that fixed, my car was pulling a bit, told the shop that, they said I had radial pull and nissan should cover it. Nissan said I was crazy and that my tire was lacking a little air, so they inflated it more and told me that the pull I had was normal. During this time my tires were rotated again at some point and then my car started pulling again, so I went to nissan and they said that my control arm had been bent. Now why did this happen several months after me hitting the curb? god only knows. From then nissan wont cover anything that touches the left side wheel, control arm, strut, steering rack, u name it, they wont cover it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yeah, mine did the same thing- in my case it was a worn tire due to mis-alignment. I wouldn't blame the alignment people too soon (unless you really do think they are dumbasses) cause a good pot hole can take it out. I never hit a curb or anything, but some shi**y roads and railroad tracks took my alignment out and ruined my tires- which caused the pull.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nolimit_2 said:
Yeah, mine did the same thing- in my case it was a worn tire due to mis-alignment. I wouldn't blame the alignment people too soon (unless you really do think they are dumbasses) cause a good pot hole can take it out. I never hit a curb or anything, but some shi**y roads and railroad tracks took my alignment out and ruined my tires- which caused the pull.
I wouldnt blame them had they not given me the aligment on friday and I havent done anything that would damage it since then! not to mention im under ticket diversion so I cant even speed normally.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I can only suspect that your wheel and control arm were bent when you hit the curb. And the control arm when unnoticed untill later. As far as Nissan not wanting to cover it. They will give a hassel if they think you have been beating up the car.

But back to your original question, I don't know of an easy way to correct all this. More the likely that bent wheel is going to hound you till you replace it. But If the 1st aligment shop garranty they work, and many do, you may have to go back to them and get tough with them to fix what they missed the first time. I wish you luck.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
my last question

other than the dealer mechanics knowing me and my car, is there a way they can know what kind of work has been done to my car or what things they found wrong previously? lets say my gf takes my car to the dealer, will they know its my car? or lets say I take the car to a different dealer, will they know what issues other dealers have found?
I would really like to start with a clean sheet at a new dealer, one that wont say, we cant cover that because you have driven your car and that voids the warranty!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts