B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Banned
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before:

After:

I will be doing another pass tomorrow with a new tool and try to smooth the surface down to the smooth areas existent in the middle of the TB...

If someone is interested and has a spare TB i dont mind starting the Floating TB deal again as long as we stick to the same rules there was on the last one.

I personally saw the ported TB's that were sold before and let me tell you, the quality and finish of this is FAR better than what was sold before. It looked like it was hit with a metal wire brush attached to a hand drill.... I think i have a picture somewhere but if i dont im sure someone else has to have one.

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
How much did you port foo.

·
Banned
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
djsadiablo said:
This is gonna be a really stupid question, but what does this do for the engine?
its been said that by smoothing out the surface it increases air flow/air speed. Also widening the I.D. of the throttle body increases the flow into the Plenum.

Someone dynoed a 1-2whp gain on them and swore there was a difference. Im not sure, ive done too many mods too quick on my car so its pretty much impossible to tell... plus, temperature just dropped like 20 degrees overnight here in florida so the car is snappy like a mofo....

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
So...you're basically saying you can't tell us anything.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That's good to know. I've just quit djing and am selling all my gear and records which just opened up alot more money for modding my '05 1.8. How do you work the TB swap?

·
Registered
900 Posts
I only you wrote 2004+ QG but what about me amigo? Help a 02 gq friend. Maybe i could bring it down with me when im down your way, you just gotta give me instructions on how to take it off :) let me know

·
Banned
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i cant go on aim while im at work. ill hit u up about that later.

as far as taking off ur TB, i dont know how because mine is totally different and urs has cables and brackets and idk how that works that's why idk. sorry

pm silversleeper, he disabled his car into ziploc bags so im sure he knows how.

·
Registered
900 Posts
ok i'll do that when i know im going down there for sure, thanks. pm me about the gasket if u can please.

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
So when you're in Boston you can bring your stuff and do mine.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts