B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I envy many on this board with the freedom and the $$$ for mods and upgrades. Do it now, cause once you have kids the money for toys seems to dissappear almost as fast as your time!

Here in Canada we have "Performance Improvements" stores that carry everything for racing. I found a POP cone (K&N knock-off) with excellent flow for $30, and the required MAF dapter was another $20.
For $50 Canadian ($30 US) I'll have a POP.

I'm waiting for the arrival of the adapter, but I'll post again to let you know the results.

Next up - Tint and subs.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
cool keep us informed:)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Where is this place

Like you i have no money... i live in Canada and am very interested to know where this place is

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Im getting one tomorow

SentraRacer : The K&N pop cone can be bought at Canadian tire for 27$.

For the plate its a little harder, Canadian tire keeps telling me they cant find one. So I went to a Pro Shop in the area, they can all get them. I paid 30$ for the plate.

Putting it in tomorow.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spicez - you can get a K&N name brand POP cone for $27 - I find that hard to believe!! Canadian Tire sells K&N drop in filters starting at $60, and I would think a POP would be more. If it isn't a knock off then somebody at CT screwed up. Good for you though.

I also found the antenna you picked up, but it was $16 here in TO - I think you said you paid $7 ?!?! Should I be shopping in Mtl?

Performance Imrpovements is a chain - they have stores in Toronto (4), Barrie, Montreal that I know of. No web site, but just look em up under http://www.canada411.com

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Concerning the antenna, I said 12$ or 13$. thats what I paid.

For the filter, Im not buying the K&N one. Im getting a POP cone from a Pro Shop tomorow in Sherbrooke. Its 40$ I forget the name brand though.

I was suprised to about the K&N POP Cone at CT. I saw it this afternoon. it said 26.95$. It was a K&N thats for sure and it was a filter, in a Cone shape.

Either they made a mistake in the pricing, or thats the deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Please forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference between the Stillen Hi Flow Intake, or the JWT POP and the K&N cone filter? I'm just wondering why there is such a price difference (doesn't Stillen use a K&N filter?)

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
99SR20DE-Ltd said:
Please forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference between the Stillen Hi Flow Intake, or the JWT POP and the K&N cone filter? I'm just wondering why there is such a price difference (doesn't Stillen use a K&N filter?)

The main difference in the JWT and Stillen POPs is that Stillen uses an actual K&N filter while JWT uses a K&N style filter but its not the real deal(don't think it matters though).
And the diff. between the JWT, Stillen and the K&N cone is that the K&N cone requires an adapter plate that bolts up to the MAF while the POPs have a plate that is built into the back of the filter. The opening on the filters are 3" diameter for the K&N cone and the POPs filter opening diameter is 4.5"(i think) and the plate funnels down to about 3" to go into the MAF. Hope this helps. later

1 - 10 of 10 Posts