B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

I purchased my car just like last week. I have about 1200 Km's on it. and i haven't taken it passed 5000 RPM. But going all the way up to that (and i have only done that recently since i hit 1000Km's) it doesn't seem very fast at all. My friends 1987 CRX with a Header and Intake and Exhaust seems to be much faster. However, my old car Hyundai Scoupe Turbo, kept up or even beat that that CRX and the Turbo wasn't Fully functional. Maybe its just me or the car needs to be worked in a bit more? what do you think? :confused:

We were going about 80 and i was in third and i just tapped the gas and i pulled away from him...the power at that range is REALLY GOOD!!

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Well, wait till your finished with the break in period, then you'll see!

I VERY MUCH doubt your scoupe was much faster.

1995 Hunday Scoupe turbo.
115hp
122 ft-lbs torque.

Its much lower than the SR20DE.
Might have seemed faster cause its a tiny car, but it isnt.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think SpIcEz is right. When I broke in my car, I tried not to go over 5000, then after I went increased once in a while. Now I have 5200km (3100m) and its seems to be getting faster and faster. Maybe its me. Also, I'm a little rougher than my gf (she also has an SE w/PP) and it feels like my car is faster than hers. Don't worry about beating other cars, I just creamed an Integra this weekend and I have no mods. You might also take into consideration that the CRX is very light too.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Scoupe was a 1993 and it was lighter than the Sentra. I love the Sentra a Million times more.

Im not worried about beating other cars...im just curious as to how fast it can go i guess.

When do you think that i can start Going past 5000 RPM? Remember i have 1200Km's.

should i still keep it toned down? Actually i have only once or 2wice taken it to 5 Grand (just to see what it has). I usually shift around 3500.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Cdn_Sentra_SE said:
should i still keep it toned down? Actually i have only once or 2wice taken it to 5 Grand (just to see what it has). I usually shift around 3500.
Hmm, when I broke in the car, I also shifted at 3500 for all the gears. Now I'm at almost 12,000 miles, so everything is all good, but I would suggest you keep it down for a bit. What's 1200km's? I started reving higher around 7000 miles @ the ODO, but I think the break in period is much earlier than that. :D

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
I sure agree with Origional Mr Sentra

I have only 5000 miles on mine and 5500 rpm is the highest I have gone. I have yet to floor it off the line. I can't speak for the performance because I have auto. But it appears to run strong and most important to me: has used no noticible oil in 2000 miles. (Mine needs to last)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1200Km's is like 750 miles.

thanks

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Re: I sure agree with Origional Mr Sentra

adc100 said:
I have only 5000 miles on mine and 5500 rpm is the highest I have gone. I have yet to floor it off the line. I can't speak for the performance because I have auto. But it appears to run strong and most important to me: has used no noticible oil in 2000 miles. (Mine needs to last)
5500 rpm? Shame on you ADC. You're the one who's always telling me to let the tranny shift at 2k. ;) Heheh! But seriously, I almost always never let the RPM get past 3k and I'm still getting 20-22 mpg. I guess I was never meant to have good gas mileage. :(

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Hey Jae

Am I losin' it or what? Did I ask you what your speed was at 2000 rpm in neutral acceleration at operating temperature. Mine is 52/53 mph. If it isn't maybe your converter isn't locking up. Could be your milage problem. If not - lite that sucker up. Maybe that'll help--nooo just kidding.

Later

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
adc100...

Nah you're not losin it man. I think I am. Could have sworn I answered that question before. :D

But anyways, my converter IS locking up. At neutral acceleration and 2k rpms, my speed is right around 52/53 mph. Still getting bad mileage. I must have gas gremlins in my car...

·
Registered
11 Posts
You guys make me feel like I'm mean to my car...I'm pushing the redline ...(19K mils), anyway I think that the Sentra SE performs pretty well, in truth it's not the fastest of cars and lacks some low end power. I've recently installed my Place Racing CAI and was very impressed with the mid range difference I felt. Me likes!! At just about 4000 rpm it starts to pull like crazy, with 4-1 headers It'll probably make a nice difference in the mid to high range.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts