B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering. The Sentra SE w/o PP has 195/60-15 I believe. We knows that the SE w/PP has 195/55-16. Now I know that they say you should go any higher than "plus 2" on the tires sizes. My question is the SE already "plus 1" or is it considered as normal? Just curious for tires size options. Thanks

G

·
The plus sizing is typically used in reference to the wheel size already on the car. It's really irrelevant. It's just a convenient way for people that don't know any better to put the right size wheel/tire combo on the car.

Essentially, all your trying to do is keep the same overall diameter from tire to tire. As a general rule of thumb, the larger the rim gets, the lower the profile of the tire (of the same width) to maintain the same diamter.

No one has installed any wheel larger than 17" in diameter on the B15 (except for the Sema show car.) To find the correct size, several automotive sites have calculators that allow you to find the tire size that is closest to stock. It will never be perfect, but you can usually find something that is within a couple percent.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks maxximtl. I thought it was some kind of standard limitation. If I decide not to get the SE-R Spec V, I'm definitely change to 17". Hell there a guy here who wants to change his 15" mags on his Altima so maybe I can sell him mine. :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Crimson, don't u think that 17inches are gonna be useless with our magnificent roads and streets???

I rather change my tires and get rid of the Firestone, that's what I'm planning to do when I come back from Florida. I'm looking for some Kuhmo Ectsa 205/55/16(can't remember the # of the tires ----801 I think), but we can try to get a price with the other members, maybe SpIcEz wants to do the same??
By the way, if u do the move, I'm eager to see the result on our car!!!!
Let me know!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey guys count me in on those kumho ecsta 712's . by the way, do you guys recommend the sunroof deflector ???

·
Registered
331 Posts
Bond, I don't know, I'm not using my sunroof a lot this time.... Have been away from home since 6 weeks for work right now. You may want to ask SpIcEz, I think he was planning on making the move for it!"!

I'm ready to make the move with the tires, FINAL ANSWER FOR SURE!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts