B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i got my 2k Sentra GXE for about a year.
And right now, i am thinking of changing the wheels.

I am thinking of 17" wheel wheel with a 205/40 tire, does it fit the car? What is the off set for the car and what off set of wheel should i use? If i use the 40 tire, will it be a really rough ride?

I think i am looking for some cheaper wheels like Koning...is it a good idea to get them through the net?

Thanks so much.

------------------
Please help me. I am a rook.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ahh also, what is the difference between 17x7 and 17x8? i am choosing 205 tire...so which one should i use?

------------------

·
Registered
300 Posts
check out www.tires.com
they have what tire you should use and offset

welcome aboard

------------------
94 XE 2 door 5 speed, Tenzo-R intake,

·
Registered
15 Posts
The 17" 205/40 will fit just fine on your car. I went with 17" 215/40 with a 40mm off set on my car with no rubbing. The ride will get a little bit rougher with a thinner side wall. In my personal opinion it's not that bad. With 205/215's you don't need to go with anything wider than a 17x7 rim. If you want to see the rims I got check out the link below. http://www.geocities.com/mario_v_211/My_2000_Sentra.html

------------------
PR CAI, Eibach Sportline Springs, Stillen Exhaust, 17x7 Enkei CDR9 w/215 40zr17 Yokohama Paradas, Stillen Headers, Stillen short shifter w/ MOMO shift knob
Future Mods: UR Ultra SS, JWT cams/ECU, Greddy catback(if they ever decide to make one)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much for you guys replies.

As you guys are much more experience than i do, can anyone pls tell me which one will suit my car better? a 205 or 215 tire?

Will the 215 tire be too much for my car as it only got a 1.8L engine...

Thanks so much once again.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sentra_n00b (edited April 18, 2001).]

·
Registered
778 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sentra_n00b:
Thank you very much for you guys replies.

As you guys are much more experience than i do, can anyone pls tell me which one will suit my car better? a 205 or 215 tire?

Will the 215 tire be too much for my car as it only got a 1.8L engine...

if for 215 tire, should i use 17x8 wheel? or x7 is just fine?

Thanks so much once again.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

205 is adequite. the altima se runs 205. the sentra se runs 195. 215 is kinda pushing it.

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry for asking so many questions.

for the 17" wheel, with 205 tires, is it possible to go with 45 tire? or it is just too thick that i must use 40?

thx

------------------

·
Registered
15 Posts
The 17x7 will be fine for 215's. That is what I have on my car. The wider the tire the better the handling because you have more rubber on the road. If you go with 205's I suggest going 205/45 17. If you go with 215's then go ahead and go with 215/40 17. This is called plus sizing from the stock setup. If you want to go from 15" to 16" and your stock tire is a 195/60 you would have to go to a 195/55 or 205/50 for example.

------------------
PR CAI, Eibach Sportline Springs, Stillen Exhaust, 17x7 Enkei CDR9 w/215 40zr17 Yokohama Paradas, Stillen Headers, Stillen short shifter w/ MOMO shift knob
Future Mods: UR Ultra SS, JWT cams/ECU, Greddy catback(if they ever decide to make one)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I am also running 215 40/17's and they fit awesome with no rubbing what so ever,,,the ride isn't that bad either....I'd deffinetly go with the 17x7's also keep in mind our bolt pattern is 4x114.3

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sentra_n00b:
I think i am looking for some cheaper wheels like Koning...is it a good idea to get them through the net?

Thanks so much.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I bought my Konig's online I went to 3 local shops and got a price of $150 to $180 and I got them online for $99 a piece...so yes it can be worth buying it on the web......

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
297 Posts
What are the name of some good sites to buy rims online? where you get them Konig's for $99 bucks from? Thanks

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Custom Aluminum Mesh Front Grille by Myself, Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust, and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in less than 2 weeks) [email protected]

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2k1DragSentra:
What are the name of some good sites to buy rims online? where you get them Konig's for $99 bucks from? Thanks

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I got mine from www.discounttiredirect.com
And they was listed under the specials section at the time I bought them but they are now back up to $160........

------------------

MODS:
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is the 4x114.3 a four bolts one? (just wanna know if they are the same on SE and GXE)

coz i checked some web and the pic of the wheel with 4x114.3 is with five bolts...

thx

------------------

·
Registered
104 Posts
Is the 4x114.3 a four bolts one? (just wanna know if they are the same on SE and GXE)

coz i checked some web and the pic of the wheel with 4x114.3 is with five bolts...

thx

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The pic is not right, but yes, the 4 means it's a 4 bolt pattern, and the 114.3 is how far they are from each other. That would be the lug pattern for the SE, not sure about the GXE, but I would imagine them being the exact same.

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
with the 17" 215 tire, if i am going to lower the car for about 1 to 2 inches in the future, will is be ok or rubbing is going to happen?

thx

------------------

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
with the 17" 215 tire, if i am going to lower the car for about 1 to 2 inches in the future, will is be ok or rubbing is going to happen?

thx

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I am unsure of this seeing my car is still factory height but I will have a set of springs really soon so i'll let ya know......

------------------

MODS:
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sentra Styling:
Originally posted by Sentra_n00b:

thx

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I am unsure of this seeing my car is still factory height but I will have a set of springs really soon so i'll let ya know......
Cool thx so much =)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Right now I'm running 17X7 215 45's and the tire is flush with the fender but my rims were originally off my old Altima. But when I put in my springs "Dam things were for the B-14" the back only fit but it didn't seem to rub, But I'm pretty sure the front will so gotta watch out for that

------------------
B-15 SE, 17X7 Kosei Racing Senekas, Sumitomo HTRZ2. Kaizo Speed Gear

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
if i use 40 tires, will it help much?

·
Registered
816 Posts
I just want to clarify something. I read this a LOT. The proper plus sizing for a B15 to go to a 17" rim is 215/45-17. It is not 215/40-17. You want to stay as close to stock diameter and circumference as possible. The stock SE tire is 195/55-16 with PP or 195/60-15 for non-PP.
195/55-16 Diameter=24.4 Circumference=76.8
215/45-17 Diameter=24.6 Circumference=77.3
215/40-17 Diameter=23.8 Circumference=74.7

As you can see, the 215/40-17 is off by a greater percentage than the 215/45. The 215/40 will definitely work but it is not the ideal plus sizing. Just wanted to clear that up.

Also, when looking to plus size, make sure that the tire size that you want to get is readily available. Like for instance, almost every performance tire has 215/45-17 but if want to find a 205/45-17, it's very hard to find. There are NO other tires except the crappy stock Firestones that make 195/55-16 tires. So do your research carefully before getting the rims.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts