Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am looking at a 2000 sentra to replace the 1999 sentra that got T-Boned
last year.

Here is the car I want to get:

2000 Dark Red Sentra XE 49K miles, Manual Transmission, good shape, from a
local Nissan Dealer.
The asking price is 7400 + roughly 700 used car fee + TTL.

I was thinking about doing this offering my 1999 car (the passenger doors
will NOT open and the doors are pretty much smashed, otherwise everything
else in the car works perfectly, still gets 35-40 MPH) and offering $4500 on
top of that

Is that too little? What should I offer in your opinion?

Thanks so much

John

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
7400 is way too much for a 2000 xe....that's the base model with no power options....I would pay $6,000 for that.

check kbb.com i think it is.

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
A used car fee? For them to clean it up and sell it?? Yeah that's too much considering they probably only gave the person 4.5-5k for it trade in :)

·
Registered
881 Posts
dude, dont get an XE. Keeping looking around and at least get a GXE. I dont think they can be much more $$$ than that.

·
Registered
133 Posts
chimmike said:
7400 is way too much for a 2000 xe....that's the base model with no power options....I would pay $6,000 for that.

check kbb.com i think it is.
Teh Blue Book says its worth $7865 from a dealer. Considering I paid less than that for my SE, you should take it with a grain of salt ;)

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
agreed, considering if my gxe was bone stock with 41k on the odo I still couldn't get 7k for it, and it's a 2001 with power options!

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
i think you should really check around at other dealerships first. thats a lot of money for a XE, i paid $9k for my SE with 46k miles. plus i have an auto tranny so the manual should be way less. ive seen a few gxe's on autotrader.com that have like 50k on them that go for around $6500..sometimes even less. my best advice is to keep shopping around

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Hey, go up to NJ and get soemone who want's new car to an altima, maxima, or Xterre, and they'll give you a sentra free, hurry up though, they only have 4 left last I heard, day before yesterday

·
Registered
298 Posts
I got my 2001 SE with PP for 8400, you should keep looking. It still has 18K miles left on the powertrain warranty.

·
Banned
1,078 Posts
GT-R said:
Hey, go up to NJ and get soemone who want's new car to an altima, maxima, or Xterre, and they'll give you a sentra free, hurry up though, they only have 4 left last I heard, day before yesterday
he said no more than 5k, lol the last time i checked an altima xterra and a maxima cost a little more that new. i think im not positive but think they cost more.

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
You can get an SE for that price or less. I strongly suggest that you look around & try to get an SE. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts