B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals,

I've been busy trying to get us some new products. The newest one I have been able to get close to being a reality are some motor mounts.

Place Racing makes mounts for the older SERs and they are interested in doing it for the SE. I'm not sure if the GXE has the same type of mounts. If someone can tell me that it would be great.

Before I doal out some money for us to be able to get this product moving I would like to know who would be interested in buying them.

Place used to do a core charge but from what I am told they now custom make their own mounts and don't need a core. This may not be the case with us. The core charge is returned once you return your original mounts thouogh, so its no big deal.

The price should be right around $200. That is for a direct replacement, you won't need to press them in, just swap them.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Automatics wouldn't benefeit from these would they???

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure, I will look into it. I would think so though. Power gets transfered smoother and wheel hop will be eliminated.

·
RWD is teh bomb
2,138 Posts
Pardon my ignorance..but before my SE I really wasn't into cars much.. What's the point of Aftermarket Motor Mounts?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
tgenius said:
Pardon my ignorance..but before my SE I really wasn't into cars much.. What's the point of Aftermarket Motor Mounts?
if your into racing...the motor mounts will help you get traction instead of spinning your tires aimlessly(sp?)

·
RWD is teh bomb
2,138 Posts
to that.. my buddy would tell me.. Get a Scooby (Subaru) lol

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You will be able to transfer power more effiecently instead of loosing it into the engine mounts. You will be able to accelerate faster and loose wheel hop.

Josh, you interested btw?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Id be interested in a month or 2. Ive money set aside for the CF hood and i cant make up my mind about the Stromung Exhaust...but eventually id get them.

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well it sounds like there is some interest. So I will front the money to get some stock mounts to send out to Place Racing. I'll give you guys a update as soon as I have one.

·
Registered
75 Posts
motor mounts

Put my name in the hat too. If you ever do a tight 1st & 2nd gear autocross, you'll see how they could help. Might move you to prepared instead of stock class, depends on how tight tech is.

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah the 4th to 3rd shift is pretty harsh at times. I think the mounts will be black so the tech probably wouldn't be able to tell.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
david said:
Yeah the 4th to 3rd shift is pretty harsh at times. I think the mounts will be black so the tech probably wouldn't be able to tell.
Doesn't Place Racing make those in all the CAI colors? I guess the price would probably increase, huh? :) Thanks David for hooking this up.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
David Don't forget to find out if auto's will actually benefeit from this,,,,cause if I will then I will greatly consider....

·
Chesse Curd Connoisseur
1,121 Posts
I'd be interested in the mounts too.

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok the stock mounts are on their way out to Place Racing. Once they get there, they will take a look at them and see what is best, wether to reuse the stock mounts or make their own so there is no core.

Btw the part numbers on the automatic vs the 5 speed are different. Sorry Gene. :(

If you guys can help me out. I'm without my digital camear for awhile. If you can take some pictures of the stock mounts in the engine bay, both the crossmemeber ones and the torque ones (left and right) and get them to me that would be a great help getting this moving along.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I remember reading that Monopoli's NX didn't require replacing the motor mounts, even when he went turbo. Apparently the forces genereated by the engine coupled w/ an auto aren't that great (not as much wear and tear of dropping the clutch, etc.) So I doubt autos would benefit much, especially N/A.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
david said:
Ok the stock mounts are on their way out to Place Racing. Once they get there, they will take a look at them and see what is best, wether to reuse the stock mounts or make their own so there is no core.

Btw the part numbers on the automatic vs the 5 speed are different. Sorry Gene. :(

If you guys can help me out. I'm without my digital camear for awhile. If you can take some pictures of the stock mounts in the engine bay, both the crossmemeber ones and the torque ones (left and right) and get them to me that would be a great help getting this moving along.
Hey that's alright anyways david but thanks for looking into it for me,,,much appreciated:)

But If the weather holds out (raining) I'll try to get those pics for ya,,,but if someone could get them first,,,,go for it....

1 - 20 of 61 Posts